jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Comments and critiques most welcome

1. Green Is Good profile image60
    Green Is Goodposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone smile

I just joined a couple of days ago and have published 4 hubs so far. I'd be really grateful if some of you more experienced folk could check out my hub and offer any comments/criticism or offer any advice? Thanks in advance, oh wise ones smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/greenisgood

2. rsmallory profile image85
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

I just checked out one of your hubs-the one in the link above-good job.

3. Green Is Good profile image60

Thank you so much, and thanks also for leaving me my first comment! Does anybody have any ideas on how I could improve? I'm a total newbie at this and all input is really appreciated smile

4. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Been, read it, left a comment. Good stuff.

A couple of things, maybe break up the latter half? And add a link box and stick your links in there, with a little teaser?

Couple more pictures, news capsule at the bottome (there's just got to be newsworthy green stuff out there)  and that should do it smile

Welcome to hubpages!

5. Green Is Good profile image60

Thanks for your ideas and comments frogdropping. I'll certainly take them on board and do some tweaking. I've been thinking the second section is probably a little long and I hadn't even considered a link box or news capsule! I'll get onto that shortly. Thanks again for the warm welcome smile

I can't help wondering if people are going to want to read about my chosen topics as they're mostly quite random so far, and with my mental processes I don't see the situation getting any better any time soon! Any feedback on this?

Thanks all you lovely people x

6. frogdropping profile image86

Green - no one is more random than me. I just write and publish. Some is related to history or where I live. Some is monetized, and the rest is crap big_smile

Write what suits you, or your purpose - it's about sharing smile

7. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Doncha just love Green lol !

8. frogdropping profile image86

Yep - I love me. For real big_smile

1. 61
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I honestly think you are the only hubber to have kept the same Avatar in the last 4 months. But hey ya can't beat self love, well unless you have a split personality then ya fall out a lot !

9. frogdropping profile image86

BC I truly laughed at what you said! lolol big_smile

I accidently changed it once. I was messing with my profile. I was horrifed and stuck with a really dumb picture for 15 minutes.

The only thing was, I wasn't trying to change my picture - I was fiddling with stuff neutral

No one noticed though ... hehe

10. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I fiddle with stuff as well, thankfully Hubpages cant see my webcam smile

11. Green Is Good profile image60

Well, I've tweaked it a little and I already think it looks much better - thanks so much for the advice!

working