jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Happy New Year Everyone

1. Betty Jo Petty profile image60
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 9 years ago

Happy New Year! 

I realize this is old news to some of you.  Here in Arkansas,USA it's still pretty new.

It must be a good time to make a Hub.  For me, I'm ready to get over the insomnia and get some sleep. 

It is very cold out and threatening to get colder.  How's things in your World?

I'm Betty Jo Petty

2. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 9 years ago

Thank you, and happy new year to you as well!

Cold, and getting colder sums it up nicely. Although, living in Rome this might be a relative cold. New year was a blast, and a little insane as usual, I was hit by not one, but two bottles and an assortment of fireworks (which people happily set off in the clutter of the town center). I also was doused in cheap "spumante" and hugged by some fairly random people. All in all, it was fun wink

3. Betty Jo Petty profile image60

Great to know people were celebrating. 

My husband and I used to celebrate.  Growing older, and having children, we decided to stay home off the streets.  At that time, drunk driving was popular.  Now, police are everywhere.

4. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 9 years ago

Are you afraid of the drunk driver, the police or getting older? tongue

5. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Major, Kingsize, super deluxe, whopper of a hangover here.

That'll teach me to try drinking Schnapps with a bunch of German, French and English alcoholics until 4 in the morning.

6. Betty Jo Petty profile image60

The drunk drivers.  I hope everyone had designated drivers this year!

The police are for protection.

Too late to worry about getting older!  (Looking forward to that second childhood!). 

In the meantime, I like writing on my computer, and trying to learn to use all the things it can do!

working