comments

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 16 years ago

Is it ok to put links to your hubs when you leave a comment on someone else's? 
    I've notice that some people made comments on my pages and along with the comment they left a link to their own page.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That's going to vary individually with each author that you leave a comment for.

1. Princessa profile image81
        Princessaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it was other people leaving comments with links to their own hubs on mine and I wasn't sure whether to accept the comments or not.  I didn't want to be rude and reject their comments without a valid reason.

You are free to approve or deny comments on your Hubs by whichever criteria you wish.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
            Jerrico Usherposted 16 years agoin reply to this

just leave the link in an email to them and ask them if they woudlnt mind you putting it in the comments, if the link is related its a good Idea however I'd rather have a link back to my hub include that persons code so they get impression traffic, its not fair if they dont, as for hoping they link to your hub in theirs because its related (encouraged becuse it helps promote both pages) just email/contact them on their profile page (non pulblic) and this skips the whole link in the comment issue.. if they are willing to put your link their I think theyd be willing to add your page anyway, so might as well have revenue connected to the traffic they send you smile I think part of the reason its not cool is theirs no revenue for the traffic iof you just put a link in.. one thing you could do is deny the comment, then email them saying I'll allow this link and comment if you rewrite it with a link that has my affiliate ID embedded (then reformat the link and put it in the email) this way both people win. what do you guys think? Compromise is the best policy.

2. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 16 years ago

it is technically o.k..
    I wont normally publish those comments unless I have read the hub linked and it is information that I want associated with my own.

3. Princessa profile image81

I see...  Thanks Marye.  smile

Happy new Year!

4. compu-smart profile image88
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

Personally i think its cheeky that people leave comments just to place a link!!
    Thats just my feelings!!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Just by leaving a comment, you are leaving a link to your profile. Although I understand the amount of comments on a hub has something to do with the hubscore, so it's a two way street.

5. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

when I leave a link on another hubbers page, It is because their hub is closely related to one that I have written, with the hope that the author of the page I have added the link to will add a link to their page from mine.
    I delete comments that have links if the link leads to a page where the subject is unrelated,and nine times out of ten I will delete a link to a different website because there is enough spam out there without my pages adding to it......jimmy

6. Princessa profile image81

I think we should ask the authors before leaving links on their pages. 
    I know that we can approve or deny a comment but it is nice to be asked if they can leave a link or not.

7. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Chances are the person slipping in the link is just after traffic or a backlink.

If a person has posted thought provoking feedback that adds to or answers on topic and they have a link that is specific to the subject matter I will allow it.

But I won't waste time discussing it via email. And I don't contact people explaining why I've denied their comment.

I'm with Glen on this. 

I got so much spam, I disabled "Allow other users to contact you?" after trying it out for just a short while.

8. stubbs profile image64
    stubbsposted 16 years ago

Yeah I don't think its right to leave a comment with just a link to your own hub which is completely unrelated, if the two of you had an understanding with each other then fine.

Its like people who reply in the forums just to promote their hubs...they're shameless.

Why Lips Are Red And Skies Are Blue Plus Other Interesting Facts

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)