jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs not staying in Groups

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Naughty lil hubs.

Finally figured out how to use this option as a useful backlink ,but notice for example all the ones (3 thats is) on 'Relationships' dont all stay together.
    I was hoping they would all be on relationship hubs etc? and all backlink..

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you physically add them to your Relationship group?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes (but will try a re-do)
        Was sure I did it under edit and catergories as well

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Remember that categories and groups are totally different things.

2. Kadmiels profile image73
    Kadmielsposted 7 years ago

I have had a similar problem i add my hubs to the group yet nothing seems to stay after hitting save so 74 hubs wasted in trying to group what a pain .. sigh ..

3. larryfreeman profile image84
    larryfreemanposted 7 years ago

Hi EagleKiwi, Kadmiels,

Based on your descriptions, I am not clear on the exact details of your problem.

There are three different ways to group hubs: tags, categories, and groups.

"Groups" add a "next" or "previous" arrow at the bottom of each hub in a group.  It is  meant to be a convenient way to link related hubs (for example, I have all my movie reviews in the same group).

The hubs can also be organized by "category".  The "group" has no effect on the profile page.  If you want a hub to appear in a section, you will need to make sure that it has the right category.  You can change the category of a hub at any time.  Each hub can only have one category.

Tags are listed in a sidebar on the left a hub.  If you click on a tag, you can see all hubs that have been given that same tag.  Each hub can have a large number of different tags.

If you are having a "group" problem, please let me know in more detail what's happening.  Is the group being listed as an "orphan" even after you move it into a group?  Are the "next" or "previous" arrows not appearing?

This additional information will help us to figure out what's happening with groups.