jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubber Newby

1. gpound profile image60
    gpoundposted 7 years ago

Is it possible for a talented and hardworking writer to make decent dough hubbing? Is anyone doing if full-time? WHat kind of money do you earn?

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Lots of people make a reasonable amount, say around $100 or more a month but I don't think many people, particularly in North America, make a living from Hubpages alone.

On the other hand, quite a few people here make a living online with a mixed portfolio of Hubpages, Squidoo, blogging, freelance writing, affiliate marketing etc.

It is obviously easier to make a living here if you live where the cost of living is very low, for example parts of Africa.

My other thought is being a good writer is not enough.  You need to understand SEO and marketing to do well financially.  If you want to earn a significant amount, you need to write around high paying keywords and generate high traffic.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ha! Funny about the Africa bit! smile

I think it's easier for Americans because they can join affiliate programs and other money earning programs, etc. that foreigners can't, and other affiliate programs that do support those countries will likely start getting rid of them too, and sticking within the US.

2. gpound profile image60
      gpoundposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, very helpful.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Most welcome sir.

May I also recommend: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/19277

3. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Yes it is definitely possible and I think there are many here who are already doing it full-time are really earning good. But you have to be original with your ideas, make sure you write on things that is best known to you or do proper research so that your Hubs are original. You also have to be cunning choosing topic for Hubs and have to spend good time promoting your Hubs. All these things take lot to planning and patience. If you are under an impression that it will happen overnight then you are at a wrong place.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Read this thread to help you get started.

You can thank me later