My traffic statistics have doubled

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (30 posts)
  1. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

I have been writing hubs at Hubpages for two years now.  I notice since I commenced creating a hub a day on the thirty day hubchallenge that my visitor numbers have increased 100%.

What is the experience of all you other wonderful hubchallengers ?

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you may have put me in the mood for increasing my writing, well done on both your challenge and your traffic increase !

barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If i do that well that's a bonus !

2. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Top stuff!

It certainly is good to see a marked increase. Hopefully you'll also start to see an increase in earnings.

still havent got my setting right I dont think.  Ive earned Oin two years from Ebay & amazon.

3. viryabo profile image92
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My experience is awesome. Before the challenge, my traffic was nothing to write home about. Then i publish the first few hubs and BOOM!, my traffic almost triples, and earnings? Everyday! I recommend the challenge for everyone who wants to increase traffic and/or earnings.
      This is my testimony. smile

2. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

Ditto! I'm very new but since i started releasing hubs regularly I have seen a substantial increase in traffic love smile

3. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Once I read on forum a piece of advice to include as much as possible links to your hub. After that I added more tags and my traffic increased, but not greatly.

4. Journey * profile image69
    Journey *posted 14 years ago

I was not a challenge participant but congrats to you, barryrutherford!

Thanks for you comment  much apreciated...

5. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Wow Barry that is awesome, keep spitting those Hubs out, woo hoo.

smile smile smile

6. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Barry, that is awesome!  I have noticed since writing more hubs for the challenage has helped me as well.  So good luck my friend.

7. Singular Investor profile image70
    Singular Investorposted 14 years ago

Just out of interest what is considered to be a good or high number of visitors ? 10 a day 100 a day or 100 a day ? Are there any stats. anywhere about how many visitors hubs get ?

8. Plants and Oils profile image70
    Plants and Oilsposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!

9. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Fantastic news.  See, we really weren't making it up...

10. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

yes my traffic is rising a lot....

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

I also am seeing an increase in my traffic, but I want to know whats the logic/science behind it? How does it boost your traffic. How?

12. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

Others know far more than me but in my opinion google etc see to LIKE slow steady drip feed of hubs.  At least, that seems to work in my case.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image58
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, as you continue to build up your portfolio of Hubs, your authority on Google continues to build as well, meaning that each new Hub you publish will have a better and better chance to rank well.

It's like a big snowball rolling down a hill, gaining momentum and growing bigger as it continues down...except instead of more snow, you're gaining more traffic (and earnings). smile

Speaking of snow (I love Calvin and Hobbes) >>

http://bunk.chronosquare.com/images/Thumbs/Snow%20Sharks%20Cartoon.jpg

1. Plants and Oils profile image70
        Plants and Oilsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to be thick, could you explain a bit more?

Does google's search engine know that Hubber A (100 hubs, all doing wonderfully) wrote a new hub, rather than Hubber B (entirely new to the site) and prefer Hubber A's offerings, all other things being equal? Aren't they all just pages on the same website, namely hubpages?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
          Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is what occurred to me after reading his reply, but didn't really want to ask for some unknown reason.
          Good to see that you have asked it. smile

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
          Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not the best on this but yes, if Hubber A's hubs are linked to each other and have good backlinks from other sites, andare on a topic that relates to the new page - yes I think it does know it and prefer it.  My NEW pages certainly do much better now than they did at first with off-hubpages traffic.

1. Silver Rose profile image65
            Silver Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember that profile pages carries weight too. I imagine older hubbers who have a lot of fans (and thus backlinks to their profile page), and who have posted quite a bit in the forum (which again produces backlinks to your profile) have very strong profile pages. Some profile pages have pagerank in their own right. And given that your new hubs are listed on your profile page, hey presto, they get a boost.

1. viryabo profile image92
              viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A good answer to ponder over. So the profile page's importance should not be under-estimated. Set up a good profile page.It helps a lot.

1. frogdropping profile image77
                frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, having read this, I'm royally screwed. I have a really silly picture and an even worse name. I can't change my name but I can put a different picture up. Maybe I should.

And kids - don't join anything after a night on black vodka. neutral

13. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Yea it seems the more hubs I write the higher my traffic gets. smile

14. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

I love Calvin and Hobbes too, and I sorely miss it in our local paper.

15. Plants and Oils profile image70
    Plants and Oilsposted 14 years ago

Thank you both, sorry to be thick.

16. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

Writing good content on a semi regular basis will increase your hubscore and therefore increase your ranking in google. Write a minimum of 10 worth while reading hubs and it should keep increasing. It seems to be all about Hubitivity. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)