jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub URL/web address question??...

1. 0
    multimasteryposted 8 years ago

Can a URL/web address of a hubpage be changed once it's created... If so how?

2. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

No - you can chage the page title but not the url, once it's published.

If you really have to, you can unpublish the hub, copy the material into a new one with the url you want, publish the new one and delete the original.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image59
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great idea.. the reason they dont allow it is the url gets thrown into a url pool for search engines and noone else can use it, probably too many problems with trying to remove it, but like he said, just clone the hub and delete the old one.

2. 0
      multimasteryposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My hub that I'm referring to is not yet published...so do I still have a chance to just change url at this point - or do I have to do the copy/paste thing and create a new hub?

P.S. Thanks everyone for the informative and swift responses

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The only place and time you can change a Hub URL is during the initial creation process.  Once the hub is actually created, even if it's still not published, that's the URL you have to use.

3. monsupress profile image60
    monsupressposted 8 years ago

When choosing your hub web address, make research about it before publishing it. If however you want to change your hub url, I will advice you start a new hub afresh.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

yeah.  i had to do the copy-n-paste thing just yesterday, because i started a hub thinking i was going to do one thing and decided to change subjects completely, not realizing that i had already "started" my hub and therefore the URL was completely irrelevant.  not too much work tho.