jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Revenue Potential

1. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

how do you read the "revenue potential" ?

for instance if it says $$$ what is that inferring ?

2. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

$$$ is pretty good. smile I believe the highest I've seen is $$$$$.

I'm not sure what earnings range each $ stands for, however you can look up your keyword phrases at google.com/keywords to get a better idea of what they pay.

But, make sure to only take into consideration 25% of Google's CPC (cost per click). For example, an advertiser might pay a dollar per click, but you'll probably only get around 25 percent of that, google will get the other .75 cents.

3. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

thanks, hmm I always thought you got around 50% sad

4. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

And don't forget that hub pages get 40% of your page impressions.
    This makes CPC some way from what you get.

The formula would be something like:

CPC x 0.25 x 0.6

So, in the long run, if your site had a google ad that had a cost per click of $100, you would average $15 per click.

Note: Although hubpages publish their cut, google don't. It is an estimate from industry experts.
    So taking into account the fact a click on your site has a 40% chance of being credited to hubpages account your average return per click is roughly 15% of what the advertizer pays.

1. girly_girl09 profile image78
      girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but HP doesn't take 40% of each click. Just the impressions. smile Every click you get will still be about 25% of Google's CPC, you just will only have the CHANCE for getting clicks 60% of the time. Likewise, HP will only have a chance of earning for 40% of the impressions.

That formula could be incredibly varied. I think it might work better for determining your potential earnings over time for a hub, but not per each individual click. smile

5. cherrymeekins profile image61
    cherrymeekinsposted 7 years ago

this is helpful info thank u. Im new too and Im trying to figure out to make money on hubpages.. Im jotting down little notes to make sure I do the small things right.

6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Glad to see you are giving such good advice on Hubpages and earning girly_girl.  It sounds like a lot of people here can learn a thing or two from reading your posts and hubs.

7. Gennifer profile image74
    Genniferposted 7 years ago

Oh! Thanks a lot! Now I understand the principle of earning per click.

8. Aqua profile image80
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

I was just wondering about this myself - thanks for the info!

9. arthriticknee profile image88
    arthritickneeposted 7 years ago

Girly_girl09 I agree totally.

That is why I said "in the long run". The formula stands true for large numbers (hundreds if not thousands of clicks) and is representing your share of the total revenue generated by your work.

As you rightly pointed out hubpages takes 100% of the revenue when their adsense code is displayed. Due to the "luck of the draw" your actual revenue share will only approach the 60:40 splint after a large number of impressions.

We should remember that our hubpages statistics records all page views, not just the ones with our affiliate code. Our 'Effective Page Views' would of course be 40% less.