jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

hey got a question, my hub

1. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago

I just wrote a new poem and published it, then I went back to edit and fix it, and some how it is permanently deleted. I must have pushed a wrong button. Is there any way to get it back?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

None that I know of.  I type my hubs in word and then cut and paste for this very reason.

2. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Oh noooooo. That is enough to break your heart.

3. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago

no i have it wrote down and all, i wrote it in a note book, but I just didn't want to have to go back in and retype if i didn't have to. So then I guess i am going to have to type it all back in.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But first... type it into Notepad or your favoured Wordprocessor and save it before copying and pasting it into a hub.

4. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Can't you access the saved drafts in your text module?

Or has it completely gone?

goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

its completely gone, I've tried to retrieve it but it is saying that this hub has been deleted. When i went to edit the name of it, I hit the x button in the right corner thinking this would delete the name of the hub, so that i could revise the name. and it completely deleted it. weird thing is the name of the poem is still there. So then it said if you want to republish this hub, do so with in 24hrs. Tried to do this and all that comes up is the name and no content. I think it is goner, for now

5. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

When I deleted my hubs, they were still around for 24 hours.  I thought it was like a window period for changing one's mind.

6. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Sometimes you can recover your last draft from within the text box module located right at the bottom, have you tried that?

goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think but i will go check right now

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

ouch. wish i had some helpful advice.

i type things in Notepad instead of Word, since there is no formatting in Notepad, just straight text for copying and pasting. anyway, doing that beforehand has saved me the agony of losing my writing.

;_;

p.s. i had the opposite problem the other night - i wanted to delete a hub and for the life of me it wouldn't delete it, even after telling me it was deleted...

working