jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

7 days - $6.69

1. Migodden profile image77
    Migoddenposted 7 years ago

Today marks my 7th day of hubbing with google adsense and as of now I have accumulated a massive $6.69. Offcourse this is by no means a great amount, especially when compared to what some people here say they can earn. But this amount was a result of carefully analyzing your feedback on my hubs then making better and more interactive hubs to get those oh so sweet clicks. My work here so far is by no means note worthy, I am a mere speck in the hubpages comunity, my most popular hub getting 300 some views.
    Which is why I would like the experienced hubbers to spare me some valueable tips, How can I achieve greater revenue? How can I improve traffic? and any other words of advice would be well welcomed big_smile

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is great. I have only earned 8 bucks in 3 months.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There are some things you can do too to try and improve your earnings.  Start first by selecting titles that you would search for.  Like on your back to school clothes, maybe redo the title as "School Clothes and School Supplies - How to save money on back to school clothes and supplies.

It may sound a bit strange but it has the keywords people are searching for.

Ok I will change that right now. THANK YU

2. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you are doing pretty well.  It can only get better with time.  I didn't get a cent for about a year. big_smile

1. mommyfreelancer profile image88
        mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? No???? I admire your persistence, then, and it just tells me to be more patient. I do well writing content for buyers but would like to...diversify smile
        I will think about you everytime I am having doubts on whether  I should stick to hubbing rather than spend all my time writing for buyers. smile

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

First, earning what you did in your first week here is great.  There are some that don't make that in their first month, so good job.

Second, I just took a quick look at one of your hubs, the solar system hub and you have real good content, however, when you have hubs that have more than 2 text modules, try not to place a picture module first.  The best adsense target will be washed away if that spot is taken.

Try something like this:

Text
    Text Picture
    Text Amazon(or whatever)
    Text
    Comments
    RSS Picture(add the hubchallenge picture if you join)

Try to always include an RSS feed so your page changes dynamically.

Third, try using more tags and your keywords in your title.  You can always go and change your hub titles to optimize them but you can not change the url.  Try to double punch your keywords in your title ie.. The Solar System - A guided tour of the Earth's solar system

Keep up the good work and welcome to HP

Great job, Midgodden. I am nowhere near your earnings, but I'm not losing hope smile

Livewithrichard, how do I include RSS picture? I always add the hubchallenge as one of the usual image capsules. Thanks.

Go here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849 and copy the picture you want and save it in a file on your computer and just add it to a picture module next to your rss feed.  You can check out any of my latest hubs and see how I do my layout, you may want to put yours somewhere else but I always put my hubchallenge rss feed and pic at the very end of my hub after the comments.

I guess im confused about the RSS feed. It asks for a URL. What URL do I use?

http://hubpages.com/tag/hubchallenge/latest?rss

Thst is the rss feed url for the hubchallenge

Oh ok thanks a bunch. smile I just put that rss feed at the end of all my hub challenge hubs?

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago
    1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol!
      You have made sure every single soul on forums see this thread. big_smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is the TRUE gospel.  It should be universally read and accepted.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
          Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Then I'll make sure every one who ever came into this world should read it at least once in a lifetime. Although reading thrice a day is necessary. big_smile

2. mommyfreelancer profile image88

I hear you... thanks, all, for pointing me in the right direction. smile

HAH! Turns out I've already read that post and had a good laugh about it. Then I go and thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. LOL! smile

2. kmackey32 profile image81

OMG I am such a blond. Every time you post that I click the link. I have read it A LOT. lol

3. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Epic fail...no monetization...should have made hub...THEN you would be a MILLIONAIRE...

working