jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Made my first 3 hubs.... are they any good?

1. Tropical213 profile image60
    Tropical213posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm new to hubpages and have just made my first 3 hubs.  I'm wondering if I am on the right track.

Any helpful suggestions would be really appreciated.  I'd like to learn more before I get back to making more hubs.

Thank you!

2. 0
    Sidney Rayneposted 7 years ago

I normally don't do this...but I have owned many aquariums in the past...and it is late and I am bored....as it were.

I only read the discus article and I have to be honest and inform you that there is an inherent lack of detail to your writings....specifically in regards to something as complex as setting up and maintaining an aquarium.

This may come off rather harsh...and I certainly apologize as that is not my intention...but here are some things to ponder if I was a reader...rather a newbie to the hobby or somebody with a few years under my belt:

- You say that a Discus can reach a full size...how large is that in regards to measurement...1 inch or 12 inches?

- Filtration? What kind? Mechanical...biological...and how powerful?

- What do they eat?

- You touched on cycling the water....what does cycling the water mean?

- Addition of a reverse osmosis filter is curious....how much are they and would a customer perhaps be advised to purchase RO water from the store instead of making such a large investment?

Again...I don't mean to come off harsh but I am pointing out that there is an essence of voids in many places throughout the article. As a newbie I would feel confused from the information I was reading and look elsewhere...as an established fish tank owner I would become skeptical of your information.

I think you hit a few positive spots...providing a few detailed points involved in the breeding aspect...but I would have liked to have seen that detail applied throughout.

I don't want to discourage you in any way as a writer...Keep at it and I'm sure things will come together in the next few articles.

Good luck and cheers!

3. Tropical213 profile image60
    Tropical213posted 7 years ago

Thank you, Sid.  That is the kind of genuine feedback I was looking for.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to look and to respond.

Looks like I have work to do  =o)

1. 0
      Sidney Rayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

(Quoted from Otter in Animal House) No, no, no, don't think of it as work. The whole point is just to enjoy yourself. wink