Request for Hub

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

I know theirs a request section but most of you have said its a frustrating place to look so I'm putting a request here since most of the great hubers hang out here smile

My roomate just bought a mercedes through a highly immoral pressure sales car dealership, and is now freaking out (buyers remorse) and wants to return it.. I know theirs a pattern to their madness a sales person I lived with told me the whole thing but I forgot most of the format, does anyone know about car sales and care to make a hub on not getting hustled when you go look for a car? something about how they do the sales pitch (the wholle sending in 3 different persons to talk to you is part of this scam) the guy told me about the format, then said and even knowing it you will be manipulated, and he got me.. so I believed him lol, any ex car sales man care to write this and possibly how to avoid it, I want something like this to show her and its a topic thats a big deal to alot of people who got hit with the manipulation..

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I believe there is a 3 day right to cancel for car purchases in most states.  I'd suggest he look into that ASAP.  Costco has a new car purchase program that eliminates all the haggling.  That might be a good way to go -- although buying a 1-2 year old car is probably the best thing to do from a "value" perspective.  The consumerist also has a good guide to buying a car that is worth reading.

2. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 8 years ago

I'm not a car saleman, but I wouldn't be surprised if N.L.P was used (Neuro Linguistic Programming). Pacing, mirroring, pattern breaking, creating rapport, and so on. It can be a powerful manipulation tool.