jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Cyber Life?

1. Isis64 profile image60
    Isis64posted 7 years ago

I was just wonder what is there such a thing as "living" in Cyberspace?  I've never heard of it. . . but I've not had my own computer of a few years now.

Just wondering.

"Read and Become Wise"

2. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

Have you ever heard of 'Second Life'? Or you could talk to someone who is an avid World of Warcraft player lol. I wouldn't recommend trying it. Most of us have transferred our lives to the web to a great extent though, using Facebook and so forth.

1. 0
      Sidney Rayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah...good point here. I was a bit ignorant to how much time somebody could actually spend on the internet.

A buddy of mine told me about one of his friends that literally ignores his family (wife, kids etc...) and plays XBOX all day and night online after losing his job..XBOX live as it were...

Another example was this World of Warcraft...people stay up for 3-4 days playing this bloody game...never touched it and afraid to even look at it...it must be a lot like The Ring.

I was also ignorant to this whole "Alias" thing....my buddy told me people carry out several lives online all day and night...male and female.

Bad enough to be immersed in answering e-mails...writing...some instant messenger here and there....the thought of social networking sites...and these games scares the ever-living out of me.

3. dbloch profile image60
    dblochposted 7 years ago

Well, if you're a person like me, you'd probably be spending 3/4 of your day in front of the PC and 1/4 sleeping...

that's a perfect example of living in cyberspace

4. hassam profile image83
    hassamposted 7 years ago

I don't about most of the people but, I really can't live without being online! Its like addiction now. We are really living more of our lives in cyber space.

1. Isis64 profile image60
      Isis64posted 7 years ago in reply to this

O.k.  but what about the physical world?  What about jobs/family/nature?  I have heard about "Second Life" but I don't understand it. . .what's the big deal?  Can someone plz tell me-- what's the attraction?

5. finsofts profile image59
    finsoftsposted 7 years ago

You cant avoid being online... the web it plays an impotent role in every day life and too much addiction thats not good but we can control it by spending more time with family kids and all..