jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Newbie question about keywords

1. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 7 years ago

I just joined HubPages 9 days ago and am still doing research and getting the hang of this site. I was finally accepted by AdSense a couple of days ago and just learned about the keyword tool this morning. So now I've been going through each of my hubs and adding some more keywords.

Here's the stupid question: I should simply be adding the keywords to that list of "tags," right? Or am I supposed to be doing something else to make them active?

2. phonereversetrace profile image61
    phonereversetraceposted 7 years ago

If you are trying to target keywords for search engine traffic, all you really need to worry about is having the keyword in the title of your hub, and once or twice in the content (that should be informative and unique and on-topic).

I think the tags are really only going to help if you're trying to get traffic from within Hubpages itself.

3. 59
    VinceHposted 7 years ago

Using keywords in title is definitely vital in the SERP rankings.   Also, utilizing the keywords naturally in your page, that is, writing real content (relevant for others) is a how you will gain fans to generate traffic to your pages and through your pages.  Thinking like your expected visitor is important in choosing the right keywords.

4. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

Keywords are a very important first step if you want to write hubs that are highly ranked in the search engine listings.

This hub explains how they work.
    Cheers, Eric G.