jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do some hubs not have a 'Related Hubs' box?

1. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

I've noticed some hubs don't have a 'Related Hubs' box on the page. Does anyone know why?
    I'm certain there are related hubs, as they are on common subjects. This is potentially losing visitors' time spent on Hubpages, as there may be related hubs that they would click on and visit if that related hub box appeared.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Related Hubs are calculated (and recalculated) periodically, so for a relatively new Hub it may be that it just hasn't been processed yet.

But, as Jason's question implied, one major factor in calculating related hubs are the tags.  If potentially related hubs have not been tagged similarly to the hub in question we probably won't find them.   Eventually we will put more weight on the actual textual content of the Hub, but it may be a while before we have time to make that improvement ...

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Hi Angela,

Which Hubs do not have any related Hubs listed?

What tags have you been using on those pages?

- Jason

3. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

It's odd because newer hubs have related hubs listed. I've noticed it on other hubs, but one in particular is about sugar cookies and it's probably about a week old. I know there are other cookie hubs, but none of them are listed. The tags are related also. I've added some more general tags to see what happens.