jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How long Amazon.com takes to issue a gift certificate?

1. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

Hi,

I decided to remove all my Amazon capsules and cash in what I've made so far with their program ($30 or so). Their minimum for a gift certificate exchange is $10, however I've applied for this in the settings and I've been waiting a few weeks now with still no word from them. Does anyone know how long it takes them to issue gift certificates for affiliate earnings, and whether you receive them by e-mail directly or not? The payment history page isn't really helpful.

2. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

I'm sorry to say I don't know, but might I ask why you are removing them ?

3. alexd181 profile image60

My Adsense earnings have totally eclipsed anything I make from Amazon. On average, every time I get a sale on Amazon I earn 20-30 cents, every time I get a visit to a Google ad I earn $1+. It's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. If someone buys a hard cover book you should be making more than if someone visits a website, but that's Amazon for you. I reckon the capsules also just get in the way of displaying Google ads more clearly.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, and I am totally the opposite. My HP amazon earnings are way better than my adsense earnings. Methinks I could learn a thing or two from you... smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, me too.  I've made almost 6x the amount on Amazon I've made on Google.  Just depends what you write about, I believe.

4. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

ahh I see I see. $1 per click not bad at all. I've been pretty lucky to be getting 20-50 cents per click.

I still earn a ton more from adsense on things other than hubpages though, I am sure that will change soon though...only getting 250-400 impressions a day from hubpages but hey thats after 1 month.

anyways sorry to stray away from your question.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I got a gift certificate notificaton from them by email--  for about $14 or so--but being new, I thought it was some kind of phony scam and I did something which accidentally invalidated it. I will be more careful, next time.

1. alexd181 profile image60
      alexd181posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you receive it at the end of the month or at the beginning?

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I think July's earnings come out in September.  Amazon has a link on their site about when earnings come out.  There's definitely a lag.

7. alexd181 profile image60

Thanks word scribe, do you know if they come out at the beginning or end of September?

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Late September it says.  You can find questions regarding payments under the "help" button.

working