jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is there an email form for filing a DCMA report?

1. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

It seems like I filed one with Google this way and now I can't find it anywhere. I tried searching the forums, which is where I found it the first time.

My highest earning hub was stolen this week by no fewer that SEVEN other sites, five of them at FLIXYA, one at a site that I never can find the administrator for, and the other on a blog.

It's bad enough when it happens once, but this is total crap. sad

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pam - You can send an email complaint to google blogger, but not adsense. Oddly enough I wrote a hub about this not long ago. i am constantly getting my stuff copied - but you can file a bulk complaint. The Address and FAX number is in the hub. I don't have a fax so I do them in bulk in writing . Pain in the ass - and I think Misha is probably right that it is not worth it> i do get some satisfaction seeing the google ads disappear though. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Had-your-conten … le-adsense

1. 0
        pgrundyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mark. I guess I could print up a stack of the letters and do the same thing--fill out and sign a bunch of them when the mood strikes me. Thanks for the link to your hub too. smile

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

are you searching for dMCa or dCMa? wink

3. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Well, I can never get it straight. The copyright infringement form. Christoph Reilly posted a link to an email form in a forum a few months back and I can't find it. Google just gives you an address.

Plus, do I have to file seven of these things?

When it was just one theft at a time it annoyed me but if half a dozen sites or gonna hit my stuff at once, I don't know if it's even worth filing or  arguing. Flixya is a menace. They are my #1 source of thieves--I'm FOREVER getting stuff ripped off by Flixya users. It's constant. smile

What would you do Misha?

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Frankly I don't care much. I find it not worth the effort. I never filed a single complaint. That said, i am not getting robbed on such a scale, so I don't know how i would react if I were you. smile

The best you can do I think is to stuff your hubs with self-directing links. If they steal them in all entirety, you get free backlinks. smile

Oh, and it is DMCA.

1. 0

That's a good idea, thanks. I'm beginning to feel it isn't worth it so stuffing the hubs with backlinks might be the best option, really.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I emailed HP and they helped me with mine when it happened big_smile just note the date yours was published compared to the others.

6. Mike Craggs profile image62
    Mike Craggsposted 7 years ago
    1. 0

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. smile