jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

multiple language hubs (translated hubs)

1. 60
    Anansiposted 9 years ago

hey I have and idea for a complete 100% spam free way to increase hubpages content, insert a wikipedia style language button , so you can read an translated version of the hub, also create an aproval system for the author of the original hubs, so that he can have editorial control over the quality of the translation, and a more balanced share ratio to split say 50/50 to the original creator and the translator, as a native portuguese speaker for example I can translate hubs to what is now the 7th most spoken language in the world.

what do you think?

1. Bikash jha profile image58
      Bikash jhaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow that way we can read french hubs Lol

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

HubPages admin has said since they, the site management, don't have the staff and skills to administrate and check foreign language content for Google compliance and their own standards, that's why HubPages is just English for now.

3. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Loads of web users already know how to use Google's translation tools anyway. I use them all the time to read Chinese sites. Many of my users translate my hubs into their language.

4. Medora Trevilian profile image80
    Medora Trevilianposted 6 years ago

I wonder if it is considered duplicate content if you post a translation of a hub you wrote in a different language? Does Hubpages check for translations of other sites?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Reposting your own hubs, in the same hubpages account, does not trip the duplicate content filter in English.... so I see now reason why it would in a different language.

I think that its a terrible idea to have hubs in other languages anway, unless it is done on other domains. For example, Hubpages.de or hubpages.fr and hubpages.es

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OOh no thanks! It's bad enough that I get google.es when I try to hit the dot com without Hubpages going the same way!