jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Google DeIndex?

1. conseiller profile image79
    conseillerposted 7 years ago

Hi All,

New at this.  Posted four hubs in four days.  Thought I was doing well.  I checked the other day and my four hubs were showing up (indexed) by google, albeit really, really down the list.  That's ok, and to be expected.

Today, I find out that three of my four hubs have been de-indexed.  It is nowhere to be found in google.  If I check with the "site:http://hubpages.com/hub/Title-Of-My-Hub-Here" command, three of my four hubs are gone!

What has google done?  Are they always this evil with little guys trying to publish a few paragraphs for the world to read?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is very normal - for new or old hubbers. Nothing to worry about - make a few incoming links and you will be re-indexed - sometimes it takes as long a 3 months to get back up the rankings though. sad

2. White Teeth profile image61
    White Teethposted 7 years ago

I think this is fairly normal for new hubs, especially from new hubbers. People with dozens of hubs already don't seem to experience it as much.

Sometimes in this situation Google will even give you pretty good position for a day or so just to tease you, then you are out of the index for two weeks.

3. conseiller profile image79
    conseillerposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the feedback everyone.  I will be patient and continue to write up additional hubs.  Hopefully they will all start showing up on google again.  So unsettling that google wields so much power.

4. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Yes it is unsettling.
    But you can always hope Bing makes a dent in Google's Search market.
    If that happens, Google may become more friendly as far as users go.
    And to all the people that think Bing can't phase Google, remember when AOL ruled the internet?
    Yes, really they did at one time.

1. conseiller profile image79
      conseillerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I remember AOL back when I was a so much younger, signing on by dial-up, and getting that "You've Got Mail" voice.  That was so exciting back then, keeping in touch with friends across the country by email and IM.  Oh well, that was back in the mid 90s, I think.  And you're right, AOL was KING.  Then google was born.  Now here we are.  I hope Bing can grow up fast enough and help provide us with diversity in the search business.

5. Angel Of Love profile image79
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

I noticed the same thing with my hubs.

6. Dakotadjones profile image58
    Dakotadjonesposted 7 years ago

yup same woohoo for noobies

7. Jeffrey_L profile image60
    Jeffrey_Lposted 7 years ago

Google Sandbox.