jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

I cannot add a link in a comment on a hub

1. websurfpro profile image60
    websurfproposted 8 years ago

Hello to all hubbers  I am new here , this is my first post. I am a little confused , I tried to add a comment on someone`s hub and the end i inserted a link to some other website , after I submitted the comment I realized that the link was only shown partially. Why would this happen? Can it be because of the structure of the URL? It contains a question mark at the end. I have seen this before.. Please help !

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You didn't have a trailing slash in the URL after the .net but before the ? and parameters.  I'm not sure whether what you had is a valid URL or not, but at any rate our regular expression didn't match it correctly (but it would if you had the trailing slash).

With that out of the way -- I would not suggest making a habit of dropping affiliate links into comments.  Once in a while it may be appropriate, but if too many of your comments are denied or flagged as spam you're going to start losing privileges here at HubPages.

1. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Woo hoo!

Love it!

2. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 8 years ago

I'm fairly new too, but I assume this feature is in place for preventing spam (or self promotion) from ruining an important feature for writers on this site.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I think it has something to do with your hubscore. You should ask Paul - he will tell you. Low scoring hubpage members are stopped from doing certain thing. Once you get your hubscore above a certain level, the problem goes away. But that means being an active member of the community.

4. websurfpro profile image60
    websurfproposted 8 years ago

Thank you all for the replies , I`m not trying to spam at all , was just wondering why would this happen, I have seen it before on other blogs, it sure has something to do with the structure of the link ..Very nice site indeed I enjoy reading all the hubs!

5. monsupress profile image59
    monsupressposted 8 years ago

I guess it is a way of checking spam