jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

copying your own content ?

1. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

I wrote a pretty long hub on making money online. I decided that as weird as it is I make the most money from the money making niche its self.

I decided to create a website on this, and was wondering if I took a few parts from my hub and added them to my site if I would be penalized by google (search engine) google adsense or hubpages ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It depends how much you use.  Eric Graudins will say duplicate content doesn't matter, other people disagree - so I always incline to stay on the safe side. 

You could quote parts of your Hub then include a link to read the main story on HubPages.

2. Cls1321 profile image60

yea or just remove the hub. As much as I enjoy writing on hubpages I think my actual site is going to be a bit more useful.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it's horses for courses.  Making money online is a very overcrowded market!

3. Cls1321 profile image60

I know lol, although I've done good so far in that niche. I think its because I spend hours and hours researching the subject each day to the point where I can actually help other people on the matter.

who knows.

4. sabrebIade profile image82
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Okay. I have a reverse question...

I have several write ups on a blog that really doesn't get much traffic.
    I personally think they are good solid articles that are better suited to a Hub.

If I change the wording a little, would it be okay to transfer the articles I think are good from my Blog to a Hub?
    It IS my content, I just think they would be better as stand alone Hubs.

I really don't want to go in and delete the articles from the Blog, or even link back to it.

I want the Hubs to be totally independent.

working