jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How do i make sure no comments get under my articles before i see them

1. 0
    Risa Attrellposted 7 years ago

Not that i have any articles up yet, but i will. Thanks for helping.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can set your preferences in the Comments capsule.

The default is that they will appear, but you'll be notified so you can approve or delete them.

Personally I like that option best, because people can get frustrated if their comment disappears as soon as they've posted it! I might set it on the "moderate first" option if I was writing something particularly controversial, though.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They show up once they are posted or so it seems to be the case for me. But you can always deny comments.

2. The Empire profile image80
    The Empireposted 7 years ago

Unless I did something different, all comments have to be approved by you before they go live on your Hub.

Good luck with Hubpages!

3. 0

Thanks everyone. But unfortunately i have more problems to contend with than that now!

What do you guys say about this?? When i am trying to write an article, i start off filling out the form that they give me when i click 'Start New Hub' by puting in the title for my article. I try to fill out the fields, and then click 'continue.' Fair enough right? Well, before i even get to type in any content, they go and PUBLISH my empty article, and write in my account that my article is in danger of being flagged for lack of content! Why are they publishing my article when i never clicked 'publish'??? What can i do?

4. LVM profile image55
    LVMposted 7 years ago

Something must be wrong with your keyboard...

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

You can edit the Comment Capsule so comments must be approved before publishing. You can also be notified when each comment is submitted.

As for an article publishing before you've done anything, there must be a glitch. Try again. If the problem persists contact the team at hubpages.com and let them know about it, as well as what browser and version you're using.

6. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I agree it would be worth reporting your problem - but remember you can always edit a published Hub, as many times as you like.

Or you can "unpublish" it, then edit it.

7. 0

Thanks- right now i am typing from a library computer so hopefuly i wont have the glitch here. If the problem persists on my home computer, i will have to contact the people at hubs. (cuz i cant keep running to the library)