jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Google Analytics vs HubPages Stats

1. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I'm a bit confused and wonder if any of you have the answer. On my hubpage stats all my hubs have 4 or 5 stars for "View Duration" but on google analytics it's showing most visitors leaving straight away. How can that be? One of them must be wrong!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure but maybe the hubpages one is also averaging how long you view that page as well.

2. Angel Of Love profile image79
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

I also wonder how they compute "view duration."

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

What is there to wonder about "view duration"....the analytics
    javascript code measures length of time of a visit!

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I would break down the view times in google analytics. Look at how they've been this week compared to last for instance.

Also click entrance sources. I often get good time on the page from google and bad from yahoo. Google usually drops a new site after a week or so and then reinstates it once it has aged a bit (a couple of months for my stuff). All this affects average time on page.

I wouldn't worry what the hub stats say. They won't affect your SERPS only the analytics matters.

Also, I don't personally care about bad yahoo stats if the google stats are healthy.

5. MontyApollo profile image61
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

My memory might be a little fuzzy, but I believe Google Analytics treats it as a "bounce" if you do not navigate to another page at the same site.

The "time on page" is how long someone is on the page before navigating to another page, but if they just leave the site I believe Analytics lists the time as just 0 no matter how long they were really there.

1. sunforged profile image74
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is correct

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amazing what you can learn in a hub forum.

There's an article here:

http://www.imediaconnection.com/printpa … x?id=21144

And to think I actually trusted Google analytics!

6. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

oops, I dint read close enough

"The "time on page" is how long someone is on the page before navigating to another page, but if they just leave the site I believe Analytics lists the time as just 0 no matter how long they were really there."

the original landing page of a 'site" is not measured on its own, only a combined time of all the pages viewed on the site by one visitor before bouncing to a new domain.

but ""The "time on page" is how long someone is on the page before navigating to another page," is not completely right, as it includes the time one is on "another page" as long as it is within the same site (domain)

working