jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

1. Kelly Comas profile image83
    Kelly Comasposted 8 years ago

I was just going through the hubs and I remembered a hub that I saw last night with some really good information that I somehow needed at the moment. Luckily after a bit of digging through I was able to find the hub in the 'hubs' section.

Rather than using external favorites, maybe hubpages can have an 'add to favorites' button so you can save your favorite hubs for future reference and so that you could find them easily.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It could also be a positive factor towards improving the hubs Hubscore.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image60
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I like that idea (a favorites feature) because if you arent at home this gives you access to a quick favorit, actually it would be good for hub pages too, if they have this and make your favorites public then people can see what you liked and exposure would go up on hot hubs.. secondly their should be a listing on each persons profile of the last 10 hubs this person read, so say I found someone who was looking for info on how to get good google ranking (lets say they mentioned it in the forum here)

I could go to their profile and see other great articles they found (as they actively were like I was searching for good ones) with the favorites idea also I can save clusters of links to hubs on topics I liked and when for example someone new comes into the forum asking these questions I can just point them to my favorites links for that subject (the favorites should have a way to group your links too for this purpose.

what do you think paul? any thoughts on this?

3. thecounterpunch profile image57
      thecounterpunchposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I asked that some times ago. I don't use social bookmarks (I don't want to log on to another site) and I don't want to use my browser's bookmars who are completely cluttered. What I want is a contextual bookmark at hubpages.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Why not just bookmark the Hub with your web browser or at your favorite social bookmarking site?

1. Kelly Comas profile image83
      Kelly Comasposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I rarely use those social bookmarking sites for anything but getting some backlinks. I have Google browser bookmarks but there's so much in there. If you would understand, its just a suggestion, that maybe they could like put it where the 'share | thumbs' thing is - an add to hubpages favorites.

3. Kelly Comas profile image83
    Kelly Comasposted 8 years ago

Found a fix by the way - tag fan clubs.

I guess they serve the same purpose.

4. Keny Luger profile image75
    Keny Lugerposted 8 years ago

I like this idea a lot. And Darkside does have a good point there.

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Jerrico- there is the hubtivity...Although, it would only show recent hubs that the person left a comment to.

I like the idea of being able to compose a favorites list. Possibly have it categorized, as well with general topics (technology-computers,internet,etc; entertainment-tv,movies,music,video games,etc.). In a way I do see where the topics tab at the top of the page could assist with this need, but a more personalized list per hubber would be interesting to see on one's profile page.

6. Kelly Comas profile image83
    Kelly Comasposted 7 years ago

Thank you.