Made $1000 Online?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (29 posts)
  1. jimcassa profile image59
    jimcassaposted 14 years ago

Has anyone on Hub Pages made over one thousand dollars online, from their writing, and or affiliate programs?

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

2. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I made over US$2000 last month - its taken me well over a year to get to that level

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Yes  smile   (over a period months)   Over $1000 here, over $1000 from other sites combined (with one site responsible for most of that).  Again, though, it sounds better than it really is; because $1000 over a stretch of months isn't great.   hmm

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Yes I have made about $2000 in 1 year.... but divide that by the number of hours, and you probably get about 40 cents an hour, which isn't anywhere near even decent.

1. Angel Of Love profile image62
      Angel Of Loveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you make it with only 55 hubs and 89 fans?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Firstly, fans are almost irrelevant to earnings... they will never click on your ads as they are not allowed!

Secondly, no! Although it says I have been here for 12 months, I have only been publishing hubs for 6 weeks.... my money has been earnt through other things online, I am in the process of writing a hub listing every site that I have made money from, so add me as a fan and one day you will be one of the first to see it!

I have made about $25-$30 from hubpages, in 6 weeks here, which I consider to be a very good start. This includes today, which has been my highest ever adsense day from hubpages (although only about $4)... your earnings get progressively higher....

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in about the same place - my earnings come from a combination of HubPages and a couple of websites, with a dribble from Helium.  And my hourly rate's about the same!

And Ryan is right, I don't earn money from my fans - they're fellow Hubbers, and they don't click on ads.  The money comes from external visitors.

1. profile image0

If you are clever.... there is an easy way to make your 'dribble' from helium turn into a 'stream' without writing anything extra. Remind me sometime by sending me an email from my profile and I will tell you how, its not really something to be shared on a public forum.

jimcassaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want ryankett, I can write about your "Helium method", put it on my Blog, let my readers know the idea is yours, along with a link back to your site,

sincerely,
            Jim

1. profile image0

Errr... I would, but my helium "method" isn't exactly the type of thing I can publish online... and if I did, it wouldn't be a method for any more than a week!

4. jimcassa profile image59
    jimcassaposted 14 years ago

Yes, good on you, and thanks for sharing. I understand what you are saying. You can make money online and that is good.

I believe one of the best ways to make money online is with your own blog. Long term anyway. I too have made over $1000 online. Now my goal is to make $10,000 online,

Wish me luck!
    JIm

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Good luck to you.  smile   My goal for online dabblings is to make at least a thousand dollars a month in one place.  I can see that happening on HubPages if I played my cards right (but I'm not playing my cards right, I have other things that require my attention  lol  )

6. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Yes! It is possible but it takes time in the beginning, lots of time.

7. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I own 8 different websites, which are earning just over $40 a day now, and 10 more sites that are waiting for me to develop.  I've started them over the past 6 months and I expect that to continue to rise as I continue to add more sites to my portfolio.  On top of that I earned just over $4000 from Ebay, this year alone.  I usually average around $6000 a year from Ebay.

You cannot expect to just write for one site and hope to make that kind of return. Besides, it would be crazy to "put all your eggs in one basket."  I don't expect HP to go anywhere soon but that doesn't mean it's unlikely to get into a pissing contest on the forums and get banned from the site. 

I'm sure you have heard of multiple streams of income before, so spread your horizons.

jimcassaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey livewithrichard,

this is really inspiring stuff!

Thanks, I wish you even more success,
      all the best to you, and keep going,

You are a good example of making money online.
      I like it!
      Jim.

8. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

I wish our hubs was open to the real world.I am sure we would all make money.Get rid of greed and welcome the real money and competion.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pardon?  They are open to the real world.  That's how I make money.

2. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure what you thought you signed up to, but my hubs are there for the world to see.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not really sure what greed you're talking about.  I have no greed.  I don't think HubPages is hoarding secret stashes of Hubs and not publishing them.   If there's competition or no competition - I don't care.  As for "real" money, I wouldn't call what I earn "real" money at this point.  hmm

2. candice5 profile image57
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is kind of a contradiction in Terms, you want to make more Money Is that it? If so you are the Greedy one, No!
        Because the World is already able to see what you have written, it is what these Sites are about, Exposure, so you have it. How much depends on How good you are at Linking it and coming up with Stuff that people want.

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

wow Lissie that is awesome. I hope I get there one day. smile

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes, I've made over $1,000 from Hubpages.

11. candice5 profile image57
    candice5posted 14 years ago

Not from Hubpages yet but its easy to make that much by other writing, assignments, especially as I also do the Illustrations as well..

12. Dale Mazurek profile image64
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

It takes time and yes multiple streams of income are very important.  I make much more than 1000 a month on the internet and hope to be full time internet within 3 years.

It really is possible for the average person as long as you are willing to so what it takes

13. whiteorchids profile image61
    whiteorchidsposted 14 years ago

Yes.smile

14. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 14 years ago

I make enough money on the internet to have a comfortable lifestyle.  Hubpages are a good way to increase your adsense earnings a little and test out different niches.

Most people don't make much money here because they don't write on profitable niches, don't do keyword research and don't actively promote their hubs.

If it is just a hobby it doesn't matter too much, but if you want to earn serious money, you need to take it seriously like any other business.

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Yes, many times over, but not from Hubpages. Hubpages crank a few hundreds every month for me. But I am not too active in money making sense here, so $1000 or even more is absolutely realistic goal here, as long as you do not expect this to happen overnight. smile

16. Gin Delloway profile image34
    Gin Dellowayposted 14 years ago

As far as I see a lot of people earn there good money. I only try to achieve it. sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)