jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Thanks to HubPages

1. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure this is the proper place for this comment, but I just want to say "Thank you, HubPages" for alerting me to almost a dozen broken links -- nearly all of them videos that were out of commission for one reason or another. Strangely, broken links have been rare for my hubs until now. Stranger still, the large majority of the videos were of a political nature. I hope I didn't offend the sensibilities of the right wing. I sure wouldn't want to do that. Thanks, again, HubPages.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Thanks for that William - you've given me a nudge to do the same.

I think the "copyright" feature and the "broken links" feature are great.  I really hesitated to use Youtube videos for ages, because I always worried they would disappear and I wouldn't know. I trust the system to tell me now!

1. William F. Torpey profile image85
      William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the copyright feature as well, Marisa. Nine of my hubs have been tagged with that copyright symbol. I don't mind other sites using my hubs when they give credit, but a few use ads that make the hubs unreadable. Nevertheless, I wouldn't consider filing complaints. Insofar as HubPages pointed them out to me, it doesn't concern me if it doesn't bother HubPages.

3. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Geez William, now I'm going to have to deal with all of my broken links.  I've managed to ignore them for months, put them off 'until I have more time'.

Guess I should take care of it.

Thanks for the reminder.

By the way, I can completely understand people choosing your hubs to pilfer - they're terrific!  Writers with poor copy never have that problem. smile

4. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Thanks William, I use Youtube for my videos, however, I need to rethink that now.  Appreciate the tip.