jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Bikini ads on a tech hub

1. 0
    Heather Wallaceposted 7 years ago

Any ideas why the ads for my Hub are for Bollywood and bikini pics? My Hubs have nothing to do with those subjects, so I don't understand why the ads are so off-topic.

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Sometimes it takes time for Google to post relevant ads to a hub. When was the hub published?

Also, sometimes when they can't find relevant ads they post random things, but not often. A tech hub shouldn't be hard to find ads for. Just give it time to refresh in Google's standpoint so that they have time find relevant stuff.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Like Whitney05 just said.... you have only been here 3 days. It takes time for google adsense bots to work through your pages, this has taken up to 14 days for me before.

4. 0
    Heather Wallaceposted 7 years ago

I have been building web sites for many, many years and I have never found it too take that long for Google to get the ads right. I also wonder why, around here, they always default to bikini pics, Bollywood, and celebrity site before they become targeted.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you look at lots of celebrity sites by any chance? If you have been building sites for so long, you may have heard of Googles new 'targeted' ads? I get ads about soccer, Indian singles and computer games before mine index.....

Just wait a few days and see if it changes, you may also wish to consider whether or not anybody is bidding for your keywords? They wont display ads if nobody wants their ads there.

5. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

The ads I see on your hubs are relevant to your topics, seo and marketing.

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Are you aware that 40% of the time, HubPages AdSense affiliate code will be associated with your Hubs and that during those times, the ads might change to be things that are relevant to HubPages overall and not specifically your Hubs?

7. 0

I have just clicked on all three of your ads and EVERY google adsense advert that I can see relates to SEO and Traffic.

Since that is the subject of your hubs, I cant see where the problem is.

8. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Well your ads are all targetted just fine now when I viewed.

And yes, it always a good idea to make sure your logged out of your google accounts/cookie free browser to get the most authentic view that your visitor will see in any of Big G 's services

9. 0

This is rather odd....

No thank you for all of the people that helped, and then hubs deleted and gone....

A fine example of a quitter if one is ever to be seen?