jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

First hub flagged - should I have received an email?

1. SimonSaysMedia profile image60
    SimonSaysMediaposted 7 years ago

There was I basking in my own glory, proud of the fact that I'd posted my first hub. I'm still writing the second hub.

When I opened the hub I discovered it had been flagged for being excessively promotional. Whoops!

I've adjusted the article and submitted for reconsideration, but can anyone answer 2 questions?

1. Is it still around 48 hour turnaround on resubmissions?

2. Should I have received an email to tell me the article was flagged?

Because I've received emails for everything else and this was one instance I would actually welcome that Outlook noise so I get a heads up. But I didn't receive any automated email.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1. It just depends on when I get to it in the queue.  Turnaround is faster in the mornings (PST) and weekdays.  Even I have to sleep and have a social life.

2. You definitely should have received an email.  Not sure why you did not.  Most of the other emails come from editor(at)hubpages(dot)com, however.  Is team(at)hubpages(dot)com in your address book?

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I don't know of any waiting period to repost hubs.  Just make sure that if you are using affiliat links in your hubs that you can not have more than 2 going to the same domain even if they are on different pages of that domain. 

Your information is completely original and not duplicated elsewhere on the web.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The HubPages system does some of the detection automatically as there's so much for the human staff to try and keep up with.

If you've got too many links going to one domain (excessive promotion), chances are the system is going to tell you, and not a person.

4. SimonSaysMedia profile image60
    SimonSaysMediaposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the responses, and the re-publish:-)

[team at] is now in my white-list, but I checked again and no email about the flagging.