jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

is my article dead?

1. Migodden profile image76
    Migoddenposted 7 years ago

I posted this article about the solar system about a week ago.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Our-Solar-Syste … d-Vastness
    Since then it has gotten about 500 views. I don't think this is a noteworthy achievement for anyone other than me. My other articles haven't gotten much further than 150-200 views. It is my suspision however that the article is dead. This article continued to grow at a pace of about 30-40 views a day recently and as of today has gotten only 16 views. The article has gotten me much of my total views and probably much of my revenue (which isn't much). But still I am attempting to revive the article, I have posted a new video along with the article to improve content and am entering it into more social book marking sites. What can you suggest I should do to improve the article it self and to get more traffic on it. Thanks for your consern!

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I am going to be real with you.  Hubpages might have featured it and that is why you were getting so much traffic.  Did you check your stats?  You would probably see it was all hubpages. 

I know how you feel.  I had one getting 1500 a day, then one day it was 12. sad  and I never did bother to check where the traffic was coming from but when I did I realized that it was all hubpages. big_smile 

Cheer up bud, it happens. It's a tease but it happens. I did read the hub though.

2. MontyApollo profile image61
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

That is a good reason to use Google Analytics and link it to Adsense. You will know where your traffic is coming from and what search terms they are using. When your traffic patterns change, it will make it easier to determine why.

I don't think changes to the article will have too much effect at this point since it is less than two weeks old begin with.

PS - It is interesting that you were able to monetize that. I might need to try some science hubs too.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Try attracting astronomy enthusiasts big_smile may help give you a boost in traffic n build a regular fan base.