jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

1. 0
    recipes4mysonposted 7 years ago

Please explain what a link is.  How do I know what I want to link my hubpage to and how do I do it.  I have no idea.
    Thank you

2. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Right now, you don't need to link to anything.  A link is just how it sounds, it's a small piece of code that connects your hub to someplace else on the internet.

We use links to connect to more of our own hubs, other peoples hubs, or affiliate pages when we are trying to sell something.

Backlinks are links that point people back to your hub and you place those in other places on the web.  You can check out some of my hubs on the subject or do a search here on HP.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Once again, I suggest this,

4. 0

Thanks so much for help.
    I really appreciate it.

5. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, recipes!  Good to see you here.  Enjoy your stay.

6. 0

Thanks.  It's going to be fun.  I just started and I like it already.

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Welcome to hubpages...still new to it myself smile Good luck!

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image80
      NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

welcome to hubpages.

2. 0
      recipes4mysonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Crazdwriter wrote:

Welcome to hubpages...still new to it myself smile Good luck![/quote

Me too, good luck

8. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Recipes, we're all happy to help, but please don't go starting new threads all over the forums.

If you've never been on the internet before, there's a lot to learn here, but people are going to get tired if you keep expecting to be spoonfed.

Darkside has written a whole series of Hubs about how to use HubPages.  This is the first one, and there are links to all the other chapters at the bottom:

If you read AND STUDY every one of them, they should answer many of your questions.  Also click on all the links people have given you and read all the way through those, too.

I looked at your first Hub.  Do you understand this isn't a blog site?  You don't just create one Hub and keep adding to it, you create lots of separate Hubs on different subjects (for example, different recipes).  You should edit your first Hub and change the title to something meaningful, so people know what it's about.

Now go and do some study before you write your next one, and you'll find it much easier!