jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

How many hubs do we need to write?

1. LVM profile image56
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I have 23 hubs and I earn $0.01 a day.  How many hubs do we need to write before getting to earn a dollar a day?

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's more than I have earned at all. I have $0.00. and I wish i knew that question so I could be makng more hubs just to get paid at all!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not about how many Hubs.  The only reason to write a lot of Hubs is to find out which topics pay well.  When you've found that out, concentrate on those subjects. 

A small number of Hubs well-promoted will pay a lot more than hundreds of badly targeted ones.

Not that I follow my own advice, LOL.  I have two problems - I don't really like writing about the high-paying subjects and I'm too lazy to promote!

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

It varies a lot from Hubber to Hubber.  I have something like 175 Hubs and STILL don't always make a dollar a day.  (Do sometimes, sometimes more, sometimes less.)  But mine are not all good candidates for getting AdSense clicks or Amazon sales, etc.  Some of our folks do much better.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

It's not the quantity that gets you earning, it's the quality.

I mean, Misha's not got many Hubs at all and he earns very well.

1. Gin Delloway profile image50
      Gin Dellowayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but Misha wrote that he earns more from other sources, not from HubPages. But I agree that it's quality, not quantity that matters.

2. LVM profile image56
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How much are you getting from your hubs?  Just curious.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I disclose my average earnings on my Hub about Improving Your Hub Earnings.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It definitely depends on the Hub, not the number of them.  I have a bunch that, together, only make up a portion of my earnings (if they're in the "earnings" at all on any particular month).  Then there are others that do quite well.  Either way, though, it does take a little while (usually) before earnings start to pick up.

5. Dale Nelson profile image32
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

I'm still only new here and have found that 3 or 4 hubs are making up about 65% of the organic traffic producing about $2 a day collectively. This is only in the last 2 weeks though since I went on a fact finding mission on hubpages. The wealth of knowledge shared here from the more experienced hubbers is priceless. The info in the hubpages directory under topics has tripled my earnings. I admit I haven't posted one backlink yet, but have decided to focus more on the hubpages advice first and am aiming for 200 hubs by end of year that have been finetuned from their advice.Then I may start to build backlinks.Thanks Mark Knowles,Darkside,Lisa HW and Relache to name a few.Got to give Dawei888 a mention to.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

More hubs don't guarantee more earnings. More quality and well written hubs DO guarantee them.
    Only the hubs I think are really high quality and well written earn me $$$.

7. ecoggins profile image92
    ecogginsposted 7 years ago

My hubs are not of particularly high quality, I've written 34 hubs and make about $16 per month so far. I used to think my earnings were coming from adsense ads on my two websites; then I divided my adsense advanced reports by channels and found out my biggest volume is coming through hubpages. I also write for Suite101, but so far my hubpages are outperforming my articles on the Suite101. So stay with it.

8. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image79
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 7 years ago

Presently iam so much concern with learning the secrets in this whole business.i know oneday ,i will be smiling  but i need to work hard and produce quality hubs and not quantity.