jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Help with Trackbacking Please

1. 0
    sbeakrposted 7 years ago

'Squarespace will ping these URLs when this entry is published.'

It says this right above a box where I can insert whatever URLs I want to ping for a particular journal entry.  Looks self-explanatory. 

But I don't have an inkling about this trackback stuff...what kind of URLs would I put in there?  Is this going to help my blog traffic?  Can someone give me a rundown of this?  An example?

I've tried reading various material on the subject, but it's tedious and confusing to me.  I thought asking this specific little question might glean something more digestible.  Thanks to all if you can help....

2. 0
    sbeakrposted 7 years ago

Welllll...since no one has responded in a couple of days, I'll just add that I've figured out a bit of this on my own...has to do with acknowledgement and such...not that I understand it all but trying as usual to conduct my own research.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I was off busy with marketing tongue tracking urls ...you make one like htt p : / / hubpages . com /  _ XXXXX/ hub / hubiwroteforpublic ....that underscore n xxxxx would be where you put your tracking url exactly like that. tongue hope that helps n pardon me for not jumping to help right away. I would also recommend ...keep a copy of the article urls in a file on your computer for marketing purposes. big_smile

4. 0
    sbeakrposted 7 years ago

Thanks Dame!

5. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

If you go to my profile I have a whole list of "how tos" for hubpages.  http://hubpages.com/profile/sandra+rinck

backlinking for dummies, easy networking, using key words, incorporating adsense and analytics etc... it's about as easy as I could make it since I was in your shoes not too long ago.