I still have the nofollow stuff on my links! (hubscore is 72)

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (37 posts)
  1. JohnKrantz profile image60
    JohnKrantzposted 14 years ago

I see other hubs with 62 or 68 hub score.. mine is 72 and still, the outgoing links are nofollow. help, please:( I can't use hubpages as a backlink otherwise!

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I dont understand what you are going on about to be honest. Both of the external links on your hub work fine.

I cant see how bleating on about the quality of your hub has any relevance to that, hubpages doesnt block external links... it just gives you a poor hubscore if you use too many for the same domain in one hub.

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, you need to get up-to-date on your terminology. DoFollow links means that Google actually takes them into consideration when figuring out where to place you in the SERP's (Search Engine Result Placements). NoFollow links means great, you have a link, but it doesn't count for squats. Can't remember what the numbers are, but if you're hubscores and/or your hub/profiles links aren't up to snuff, you get NoFollow links.

3. JohnKrantz profile image60

I have 2 outgoing links (both linking to the same site) but they appear to be nofollow and won't give any link juice to my site.

maybe it's because the two links are identical?

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you have lost me, I guess I am not up on the terminology.

When I click on those external links, I get taken to your page... I was oblivious to need for 'link juice'....

I can say though, that hubpages definitely does not like two identical external links... or even multiple links to the same domain, as this is immediately considered promotional.

I still dont know what link juice is, but maybe you could remove one link and then see if you get any 'link juice'.

You could always write a number of hubs, and link to the page through each of them.

4. profile image0

You could also put a link on your profile page/bio.... I get more traffic to that page then any of my hubs.... all 56 of my hubs are of course linked directly to my profile.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan some of mine are linked ,but just wondering how do you link them all? do you mean you had to manually do it ?

1. profile image0

Well your name and picture is on every hub, which is already a link to your bio!

Th only reason I know that my bio gets more traffic then all (well actually most) of my hubs is because Google Analytics tells me so!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yea I noticed that in Analytics that my profile gets more hits than anything else...though those clicks obviuosly dont pay anything..pity that, thanks

5. JohnKrantz profile image60

hmm big_smile

I must initiate you in the world of affiliate marketing but the hubpages owners will hate you for that.

anyway, let's continue with link juice.

Hubpages is considered an authority site by google and therefor has a high PAGERANK (from 1 to 10... let's say it has 8).

If i make a hub here with the sole purpose of linking it to my site... my site will be seen by google like "omfg, hubpages linked to this newbie site. it means this newbie site is good".

every link from a high page-rank site to a low-page rank site is considered like a vote in the eyes of google.

if you want to be first on google's search results you need many many many many many high page rank links to your pages.

and these links are usually created by seo experts or webmasters and most of the time they look like spam. sad

1. profile image0

Well I already knew that hubpages has a high PR, hence the reason I am here, I already knew that backlinks help with PR and traffic.... but I still don't understand what 'link juice' is or how you can determine whether or not your link has 'juice'. lol.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Link "juice" refers to the value search engines place on your backlinks. The more valid links you have, the better your "link juice" is said to be, and therefore the higher your page rank.

Real people can click on "no-follow" links and get to the site, but Google just ignores them.  That's why there's so much emphasis on getting "do follow" links. That's why HubPages is so popular with internet marketers, because there aren't many places where you can get "do follow" links AND get paid at the same time. 

And BTW, two links to the same domain in one Hub is fine.  Three+ isn't.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is because most of the time they are spam. wink

You probably need a few more hubs to get yourself dofollowed. 2 or 3 800+ word hubs will most likely do it. I am not sure where the break is - I thought it was a hubberscore of 70 - but they do like to mess with your head. lol

1. profile image0

JohnKrantz, meet Mark Knowles, our resident expert smile

3. achase profile image60
      achaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am curious as to how did you know that HP is NF?
      Well anyway, NF or DF, it's still a link. People would still visit to your site if they find it interesting or helpful.
      But then you were right, it could have been better if they mark the external links as DF. It would encourage more writers, but it would attract much more spammers of course.

Well I wrote a hub of a list of DF sites like Blogger, Newsvine, Propeller and many others. These sites are as good as HP, you might want to check out my hub for the full list of DF sites.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I don't think HubPages wants hubs written just to send people to another site. Maybe that is the problem.

1. GrowlingGreg profile image60
      GrowlingGregposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If this is the case, then why on earth would anyone write a hub?

The problem is you write a hub, build some links to it and add pr and value to Hubpages and then your hubscore goes up and down and you sometimes have a dofollow link and sometimes not.

I'm starting to not see the point when there is so many other competing sites for good content that will just give you the dofollow link and let you move on to your next project.

7. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

How do you know they're no follow?

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Once your Score reaches 75, the nofollow will be automatically removed from your links.
    It is 72 at the moment. Just 3 points to go. Write a couple of more hubs meanwhile.

9. JohnKrantz profile image60

First, thanks all for replies. smile

Yes, unfortunately i'm not that type of guy to become social and let hubpages be his favorite place to hang! sad

I found out of Mark from some friends one year ago or so. One of them got banned because of an argue on the forums... anyway, doesn't matter.

I guess i'll write 2-3 more hubs, all informative so that i'm dofollowable. big_smile

It stinks this internet is flooded with spammers everyday, all just wanting to maximize revenue. Some spammers do the spam in a nice way, but some are plain dumb and with little to no intelligence spam spam spam so they get banned faster!

:-(

10. JohnKrantz profile image60

Hmmm, sorry for double posting.

How to raise my hubscore?

more text? add an image? (tried adding an image in the beginning but it wouldn't let me (tried both from uploading or url - the backscreen got all fuzzy and i had to refresh it to go back to editing mode).

11. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Is the score of 75 the one for the individual hubs or the one for the hubber? I get mied up with the names.

12. JohnKrantz profile image60

hmm, i edited the last reply here.

I'll just write a few more hubs. Probably this hub is stuck at 72 and can't go higher... so instead of forcing a higher score on a single hub.. better get more quality hubs out there.

smile going going guano!

13. profile image0

It is your hubber score that matters John, and the best way to increase your hubber score is to write more hubs.... like people have already said.

Your hubber score is not an average of your hubscores. I have a hubber score of over 90, but none of my hubs score over 90.

Get writing.

14. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

To clarify:

For any hub to have dofollow links, the hub itself needs a score over 40, and you as a user need a score over 75.  Each hub does not need to be over 75 in and of itself.  It is your user score that is holding you back.

You can find a lot of information about how scores work and how to improve them on user Darkside's hub on HubScore.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beat me to it...

John, you need your hubber rank at 75 not the hub score. Try more participation in the forums, reading and commenting on other hubs, answering questions, asking questions in the QA section, writing more hubs, etc.

15. suzhinug profile image61
    suzhinugposted 14 years ago

how do i create a hub with more points? im new to this and all my hubs seem to be pretty lame pointwise? sad

1. profile image0

They take time to rise, you have only been here two days..... wait and see what they are in a weeks time.

But looking at your hub on how to make McDonalds Big Mac sauce, well... there is hardly anything to it! Im sure that you could stretch it out for another 100 or so words.

How about a youtube video? Chances are that there will be a video of somebody on youtube making that sauce.

As a general rule, you should really be aiming for 500+ plus words in a hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your Hubs are way, way too short.  A Hub is like a magazine article, not a blog post.  You need at least 400 words.

1. muzammal profile image58
        muzammalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hub has more than 500 words. I've added only 1 link inside but that is also "no follow"

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cisco-CCNA-640-802-Exam

Any help ?

1. profile image0
          khmohsinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear your profile score should be 75, then you will see your all no follow links covered into do follow links.

3. Kmadhav profile image61
      Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very new on this community give some time here. Work with honesty and hardwork. you will see the result .

16. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

If you're just here for backlinks to other sites, this is not what hubpages is about.

If you want to make great money off of a hub itself, then you'll find that that's quite easy.

17. Gemsong profile image63
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

The thing is, not all of us are here for the backlinks, the revenue or the like.

Some of us (me) are here for the writing. Until I joined hubpages I had never written non fiction. I had never written articles about anything.

I write to learn to stretch my wings. If people like it, great. If they don't, fine.

And I've made some new friends here. So it's all good to me.

1. Appletreedeals profile image68
      Appletreedealsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why can't it serve both purposes? Hubpages was created to be an affiliate and advert. revenue generator for it's creators. The only debatable point is the character of the entity. I like the direction Hubpages has taken. Like anything else it's a quality vs. quantity issue, and I think, (as does Google apparently) that quality trumps. But this doesn't mean the site has to be myopic about it's content-type, just it's values guidelines.

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Hubpages is about making money on hubpages, because they get 40% of the impressions and that's how they make their money. Their insistence on high quality and a lack of spammy outbound links, keeps it that way.

After what I've seen is possible here, I really want them to keep it that way.

Allowing outbound links to thin affiliate sites is not the way to maintain your google standing.

19. MsFran profile image60
    MsFranposted 14 years ago

"Links" always seems to open a can of worms - I just like to see all the "wriggling" hehehe!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)