jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does having "in progress" hubs hurt you?

1. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm working on a number of hubs right now that are saved but as yet unpublished.

I'm confused on several points:

1) Will hubpages penalize me in any way if it takes me a couple of months to finish all of these hubs? (That will likely be the case with me.)

2) Why do some of these unpublished hubs with very little content have a hubscore over 50 (while hubs I write in one sitting often start out in the 40s?) Is that just meaningless, meant-to-make-you-obsess hubpages weirdness?

3) Do people snatch up urls they think have great keywords and then never do anything with them? Are there disincentives to prevent this?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

1) No

2) Since they aren't published, why are you worrying?

3) There are so many word combinations available, why invent stress about imagined, unpublished Hubs?  In three years, I've never not been able to come up with a good name/URL for any Hub ideas I get.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

LoL, I snatch up great keyword URL's all the time, I usually develop them within the month though, so I guess my process is in no way in need of a "discentive" than your own in which you say it takes a couple of months

4. E. A. Wright profile image87
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your answers. Wish my curiosity hadn't come off as over-worrying. Back to writing.