jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

copyright sorting for Hubs

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

There are a lot of great ways to sort our Hubs on the statistics page, but is there a chance the option to show only those Hubs which are displaying the copied/copyright symbol can be shown? 

It's really useful how all the broken links on various Hubs can be shown together for a quick repair session, and it would be really nice if Hubs needs some DMCA/NOI attention could be grouped for viewing, especially for those of us with a significant number of Hubs.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm not at the stage where this is a problem, but it sounds like a great idea.

3. girly_girl09 profile image77
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

That'd be great...I only have 100 something hubs right now, but I occasionally will miss the symbol because of all the red arrows when scrolling down the page quickly.

Although lately, they've been blue, so it is easier to spot the (C) symbols. lol

Anyways, I love this idea.

While we're on this subject, do you happen to know how long it takes for the (C) symbol to disappear after the content is removed from the offending site? Not a huge deal, I'm just curious. smile

4. relache profile image87

It updates when it updates is the best I can say.  HubPages gets their copy info from search engines, so until the SEs update their scans of the offending site, HubPages continues to think the violations are out there.

And the plagiarizing links won't disappear until you get all the violators on a Hub with multiple instances of copy theft.  So on a badly ripped-off Hub you have to keep track of which copies you've gotten taken down and who you are still pursuing.

I hope that made sense...

1. girly_girl09 profile image77
      girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That does make sense; thanks!

5. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I suggested this a while back. Never had any response.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13005

6. relache profile image87

Well then it's definitely worth poking admin about...

7. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I'd agree... It's a great idea... I suggested it to someone via email months before that thread, right when it was introduced to just select hubbers.

Don't really remember what response I got. I think I told Hup about it. He was going to suggest it to Paul.

8. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

I'll add the idea to our list of feature ideas.

working