jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is my profile ok

1. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

I just joined a few minutes ago and would love any advice on my page and what to do next.Have never done anything like this before so just testing the water x

2. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

If I may be honest, your "i" should be in caps.

Spelling, grammar and punctuation are really important.

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Helen, I'll be glad to help as much as possible.  I'm not online much these days (for a few more weeks), so that may not be MUCH, but....

1.  Like Jane mentioned, spelling, grammar, and punctuation are really important.  I can almost literally feel your tension and frustration "screaming" from your page (including your very accurate anti-scam Hub), so the first recommendation is:  Please try to slow down.  Relax.  Take a deep breath, walk the dog, whatever works for you when things are tough.

2.  To "fix" the technical side of your writing, you can either (a) use Spell Check (which I detest and do not use), or (b) proofread, re-proofread, publish--and then proofread again. I find it helps to read my stuff aloud, though when my wife is sleeping a few feet away (we're in a small camp trailer), that is not always practical.

3.   It helps other Hubbers to know you better if you are willing to include a few paragraphs on your Profile that give a bit more rounded background.  Nothing wrong with what you have, but fleshing it out a touch couldn't hurt.

4.  In closing, just a note of sympathy for your two weeks of online job hunting frustration:  I've tackled it (intermittently) for nearly 3 YEARS now...and still haven't found that "magic online job" you find so elusive.  There truly is a lot of junk on the Net.

4. manlypoetryman profile image69
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

Welcome to the World of Hubs, Helen Cater...Just getting started here...and within a few minutes you already posted a hub...and ventured over to forums to post? You'll do fine here...Good fortune!