jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Really Starting To Like This Place

1. jdmaffiliate profile image61
    jdmaffiliateposted 7 years ago

So far I am off to a slow start but that is because I also have a day job.

My uncle who is mentoring me in affiliate marketing has told me that as long as I spend quality time doing my thing the rest doesn't matter.

Anyways I am here a lot more than most think.  I do a lot of reading and really am scared to comment at times because I really feel inferior compared to the level of inteligence here.

In saying that I know I am becoming a lot smarter just from sitting back and learning as much as I can.

Thank you to everyone for all the great advice built into so many great hubs.

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

You mention being off to a "slow start", but averaging a Hub per week while still managing a day job is no mean feat. 

There's also nothing wrong with "sitting back" and learning as much as you can.  I was a member for more than a year before I ever made my first Post in the Forums.

I really like your avatar, by the way.  "Yes! Yes! Yes!" has got to mean something good no matter what the dude is so excited about!big_smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image71
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ghost is quite the encourager. So all I could possibly add to that would be...Welcome to our humble Hub world...Good Fortune,jdmaffiliate.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Well said gentlemen! You are doin fine! There are plenty of good people here to lend a hand. smile

4. jdmaffiliate profile image61
    jdmaffiliateposted 7 years ago

I am definately learning that there are a lot of helpful people here whether it be hands on or up front.

The thing is I do have a vision and I know it won't come over night and I think that gives me an advantage over some who think they will make big money in little time.  Heck I havent even had an adsense click and truthfully my Uncle told me to only check my adsense once a week or I will drive myself crazy.

Once again thanks

5. Gennifer profile image73
    Genniferposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I completely agree with you that here you can learn a lot. I personaly do it everyday, because now, when it's summer holidays, I devote all my time (apart from time to job that I do at home - translations) to HubPages. I've made some conclusions and try to apply them in life. I also not a native speaker of English and it's a good way to improve my knowledge.

It's a really great place! wink