jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Ebay Registration

1. jacobkuttyta profile image47
    jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago

Dear All,

I was trying to register on Ebay.  After the registration they send the following mail, which i am reproducing hereunder

We require you to confirm ownership of the domains that you will drive traffic from within 72 hours.

The process is easy:

1. Create a plain text file from a text editor and in the contents put only your unique identifier (provided below).
       2. Save the file as 'epndomain.txt'.
       3. Upload the file to the base directory of each of your domains that you would like to register.
          Example: If your website is www.ebay.com, your file would be located in http://www.ebay.com/epndomain.txt.
       4. Visit the Domain Confirmation Page when your domains are ready to be validated and click on the 'Confirm Domains' button.

Our system will look for the file and your unique identifier and confirm appropriately. Don't worry if you have additional domains that you'd like to add, as you will be able to add them in the future if you are accepted into the network.

Unique Identifier: 1

If you cannot confirm ownership of your domains, we provide an area to provide a reason on the Domain Confirmation Page linked above.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team

If clicking on the link above does not work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser:
    https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.co … 1〈=en-US

Now could you please tell me how to complete the registraion

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you look on the left hand side on your Affiliates page, next to eBay, you'll see an "activate" button. Click on it and you'll see the place to paste in the code. Then go back (quickly!) to the eBay confirmation page and confirm.

1. viryabo profile image85
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow Marisa, thanks. Been searching for an answer on how to do the same thing jacobkuttyta is asking. Was getting perplexed for a while there! smile

3. jacobkuttyta profile image47

I am not directed to the affiliate page

While clicking the link it goes to this page:

Domain List
    You are required to provide each domain that will drive traffic for this account by following the activation instructions. User Manual

Activation Code
    Domain    Confirmation Status    Process Time    Date Added Icon.altText.down
    http://hubpages.com/profile/jacobkuttyta    Unconfirmed    20 August 2009 12:33:24 AM MST    19 August 2009 11:45:07 PM MST

And the status is unfonfirmed

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I mean your Affiliate page in your HubPages "My Account" section - not on eBay.

4. jacobkuttyta profile image47

Thanks for your help.

It's been done

5. medina112 profile image62
    medina112posted 7 years ago

sorry guys have tried all that you said but this is the message i get The activation code you entered does not appear to be valid. Typically an eBay activation code consists of 22 alpha-numeric characters followed by '=='. Please enter a valid code before proceeding.
    so what do i do now?