jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

New & Little Frustrated :(

1. OneStopWriteShop profile image59
    OneStopWriteShopposted 7 years ago

I’m new here on hub pages, and am quite frustrated about the flagging system.

I guess it is more complicated here then I thought it would be. What I do like is array of content available. There is a lot of well developed hubs on Hub Pages! So, bravo!!

Tags: How many is too many? How few, is too few? I'm really confused, "too many tags, then not enough," links -- ok, then -- please don't link, lol.

Anyone else have similar experiences when first joining?

My join date shows I joined a few years back, however, I didn't really stay long enough to learn what I was doing. And, I made a whole lot of mistakes. This time, i read the rules, and I'm still making mistakes. smile

On a positive note,
    I am writing a lot more; maybe it is the idea of "competing" with others, more or less. I tend to do more work, when I have a deadline, or am challenged. Haven’t been able to write much lately, that is, until I re-joined hub pages. So, maybe some good will come of it after all.

Thanks for reading smile
    --(Are we allowed to list our name?

1. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi friend, my suggestion is possibly 15 give or take. Usually there are suggestions on tags you can use. Read the flags and listen to them. When you create your title and tags to start there is a request list on what not to do with your article. As long as it is informative great. And, good luck.

2. White Teeth profile image61
    White Teethposted 7 years ago

15 tags is good starting point...some have suggested keep adding more until Hubpages says it is too much, then back off...

Links...no more than two to any site unless it is hubpages itself...

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Tags:  the system will tell you if you have too few or too many.

And BTW, you joined the site 11 months ago, not years ago.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Great common sense answer. smile

4. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

You may list your name if you wish some do some don't, there are only some that know my name and they catch on occassion. I wish you all of the best. smile