jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

I need to check this thing more often, and find some time to write!!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I have not been on HP a lot lately.  I noticed that I haven't written anything since May!!!  Holy crap!!! 

Just checked my affiliates, which I haven't done in a while, either.  I went from the same $4.37 on my Amazon, which had been there for a very long time, to $169.22!!!!!!!!  WOW!!!!  I finally get to see some real money from all of this!!!  LOL!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I remember someone else who didn't check HP for ages, and came back to find she's made $100 in Adsense.  It really is true that patience is a virtue on HP!  congrats, by the way!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have been working way too much, sleeping way too little, and barely find time to check my email.  It's no wonder this snuck up on me.  It's a nice surprise after all the bad news I have gotten lately.  Thank you!!

1. Helen Cater profile image61
          Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Could you give me a little advice on affiliates.I have facebook and have applied for googleis this what affiliates are and should i be signing up to twitter and amazon.I need all the help I can get it's hard for me using the computer but i am enjoying this site.

1. profile image92
            RS Junkieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Helen, You should be signing up for all affiliate sources possible. Google Ad Sense and Amazon are the two best to post in all of your ad's, but Twitter and Facebook are both definitely good things to have since they help a hub gain some views in the beginning stages.

I thought Amazon was for selling things.Is it like ebay where you have to apply for this or is it automatic.I have my google pending as i only started yesterday and i am waiting on that one.I guess it all takes time.

2. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

wow that's awesome..

3. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Congratulations on your affiliate success - writing takes time and that's hard sometimes when the real world intrudes.  But HubPages keeps on earning!smile

4. profile image92
    RS Junkieposted 7 years ago

Yea the Amazon is simply for selling things, but it never hurts to stick some products closely related to your ad's in there and see if anyone is interested in buying it. I usually just pop a little ad in there just in case.

So how would you go about getting people from there to your hub page?

5. profile image60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Well played my friend, yer still a lazy sod though smile

6. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

Lazy sod...yes.  I have to admit that I am.  Thank you all, though!!!

Signed,
    The Lazy Sod

(hmmm...a potential alter ego...)

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Congrats Anna...now hand over the money lol just kidding.

8. Aqua profile image78
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

Way to go Anna! What a nice surprise!!!

working