I am signed up as an afiliate with amazon.co.uk, but amazon capsules on hubpages always display prices in US dollars. Is this set by hubpages as the default?
Hi Don, I think (but I'm not a 100% sure) that all amazon sales on HP have to come through amazon.com that's why it's always in US dollars. I've found you cannot pick items from amazon.co.uk to put in your capsules because they don't show up. Says something like item not found.
I do use my UK affiliate ID for amazon.com so at least you won't need to get another account!
Have you had any sales/clicks recognised on your Amazon links? Only reason I ask is because I am an Amazon UK affiliate and depsite having entered my code in the Hubpages box and having links on several extremely popular hubs I am yet to sell anything.
As long as your clicks are showing up in your amazon aff console everything is good
Sales to clicks on amazon should be pretty low, but the commissions can be quite high
its all about the voice and purpose of the hub - if they didnt come there looking to buy or find info about (top ten, product review etc) they probably arent going to buy just cuz they see an amazon capsule
i get very little traffic to this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Paypal-Postage- … rs-secrets
But the people who go there are looking for an item, and as a result does great for amazon/ebay commissions (in ratio to views)
That was what I was hoping. Some of the Amazon links on my hubs are basically just for books where further information can be found. However, some are very targeted to a specific product (eg http://hubpages.com/hub/Buy-The-Best-Ru … mps-Online ) and so I think this will get more clicks/sales, especially considering that the traffic to this hub is not insignificant.
Well that's a very good question BristolBoy! I've just checked my amazon account and no I haven't had any clicks. I do have one hub that's geared up especially for amazon sales so I would expect to have at least one click from there.
I will see what I can find out on the amazon site about possibly having to get a .com affiliate number and get back to this thread.
Ok, our UK affiliate code will only work for sales through amazon.co.uk and so won't work here on hubpages! I've just signed up to amazon.com for another affiliate code. What a bummer! Just think of all the sales we might have missed out on....boo...hoo!
Thanks susana. Would be nice to be able to change depending on where most of the traffic is coming from.
I found out on some forum last week that the US accounts for about 90% of the Amazon traffic/clicks/sales. The other locales share the remaining 10%
I myself was using the .co.uk, and apparently thats why i havent had more than a couple of clicks(let alone sales, & in months too!)
As soon as i found out, i joined the US Amazon.com, and Hey Presto, i had about 50 odd clicks in just 2 days (compared to 5 clicks in 4 months i used to have).
So if you want massive clicks which eventually can catch a few sales, yes, register using US as your locale. But do keep the .co.uk as well, since its allowed to have them all.
Do you mind if i put that little nugget of wisdom into the hub i wrote on amazon affiliate settings? I wrote it in response to this thread.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Amazon-Associat … Developers
by Mary McShane22 months ago
I just got this email. Is terminating your account normal if you don't have any sales or referrals in 90 days????Hello,Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to you because we...
by Laura Schneider3 years ago
I tried to add an amazon capsule to a hub the other day. Hm. No results. In fact, a search on "book" turned up no results. Very interesting. The hub tool must be broken.Later, I went to check on my Amazon...
by Melanie Shebel6 years ago
I have noticed that upon removing Kontera from my hubs that my AdSense earnings went up. Kontera seemed pretty useless even when I was earning with it because the click were not really all that profitable. One AdSense...
by Brittany Banks3 weeks ago
Do you get paid directly through amazon or hub pages?
by Stacie L18 months ago
I received a notice about being charged to keep my Amazon affiliate program active if I have no sales in 90 days. I'm sure others share this issue. Since I agreed to use Amazon under Hubpages program ID, I do earn more...
by Keith Schroeder2 months ago
Amazon changed their affiliate program yesterday by cutting the payout for most affiliates by half or more. Has HubPages addressed how these changes will affect content providers here?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.