jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Referrals and Flagship Hubs question

1. PurpleZen profile image60
    PurpleZenposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am a new hubber with a couple of questions.

1) I understand how to refer someone to a specific page using my tracker. But, if I understand referrals correctly, we can also refer people to sign up too? How do I make a link on one of my other blogs so that I get credit if someone else signs up? I have a few other blogs, so I thought it couldn't hurt to add a link there.

2) What the heck is a flagship hub? And how does one make one? Or access them? I really like the couple I've seen linked in the forums, and I'd like to be able to browse the lot of them. And, what the heck, maybe I'll eventually attempt to write one. smile

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Hi PurpleZen

Welcome to hubpages. I believe that anyone who comes into the site on one of your trackers and then signs up will automatically give you credit. I don't think you need a special tracker.

I just wrote an article about flagship hubs and there is a link to them in this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-I-got-my-hu … first-page

3. PurpleZen profile image60

Thanks Mark!

Your hub answers the flagship question perfectly!

The page for how to write a flagship hub is here:

The page for topics available is here:

The page with completed flagships to browse is here:

I think it would be good to have this information easily accessible from our profiles or something. I only knew about them because of seeing them mentioned in the forums. Maybe that's not a bug, bug a feature?

As for the tracker question: how do I make a tracker link, say, to the hubpages homepage? http://hubpages.com/_purplezen and that's it? Am I making this too complicated?

Thanks again!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That link looks fine.  That's all there is to it.  We have some graphics you can use if you're promoting HubPages on your blog or whatever (if you so choose):

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

That's it. There is a "link to this page" button at the bottom of every page. Click that and use your tracker and you will get credit for everyone who comes in on that tracker.

5. PurpleZen profile image60

Thank you both! smile