jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Using Photos and Clip Art

1. aoiffe379 profile image59
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

I am interested in using photos[my own] and clip art to help to improve my hubs. My question is how to upload and place clip art.I can prepare my hub in  Microsoft Word and upload it with the photo and clip art already inserted. Is this acceptable or do I have to use capsules? Now that I have started to figure out Hub Pages, I want to really get creative and present hubs with commercial impact. Any suggestions?

1. mommyfreelancer profile image88
      mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Read Darkside's hubs on how to properly use capsules. I started out like you, and after reading his hubs my hubs are soooo much improved. smile

1. aoiffe379 profile image59
        aoiffe379posted 7 years ago in reply to this

How do I find Darkside's hubs? I have searched in vain. Please give me a clue.

2. euro-pen profile image79
    euro-penposted 7 years ago

You have to upload your photo files and clipart files separately using the dedicated photo capsule.

You can align the photo capsules left or right within the main body of the text. Alternatively you can use the full width for your photo/clipart. You can also frame it, specifiy if a reader should be able to click on the photo to see it in full size. You can also allow the option for slide shows (you have to have a minimum number of 5 photos in a certain size to do this).

Of course you can always rearrange your photo capsules to change the overall layout of your hub.

It is pretty straightforward.

I use photos extensively in almost all of my hubs. You are invited to take a look to give you an overview of the possibilities of arranging photos for your hubs.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Enter his name in the search box, choose site, then choose hubbers from the list on the right...

4. aoiffe379 profile image59
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

Thanks for your help Uninvited Writer. I will try the instructions.

5. mommyfreelancer profile image88
    mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago

Sorry, aoiffe379, I have been away for the weekend. Don't feel like I'm abandoning you.smile
    Anyway, just to reiterate, my hubs have greatly improved because I followed Darkside's tips. In fact I even posted a forum thread thanking him smile

working