jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Indian Adsense Ads

1. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

Like most of you on here I am fed up with all the damn Indian Ladies Photo Hubs and why some are actually put up as featured hubs by Hubpages is beyond me.

But the worst thing is because the site has so many of these damn hubs I get loads of Indian adsense ads even on my Stent Hub and find that most days I have to edit a few hubs just to get good adsense ads back.

Anyone any good tips to kill these ads off !!

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

India and China are the fastest growing major world economies.... expect them to be moaning about "all those English ads" within the next couple of years big_smile

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

There are always reasons beyond basic logic for these sorts of things happening mate!  Have you considered that they are a subtle nudge that you need to improve your Hindi? lol

3. fayans profile image25
    fayansposted 7 years ago

Make good use of Adsense Competitive Ad Filter. You can block an ad by entering either its display URL or destination URL.

This way you're able to filter what you don't want to appear on your hub.

How? Right click on the ad title (important: don't click on your own ad) and copy & paste into your note pad.

You should be able to see right at the end that looks something like adurl=http://[domain]&sa= 

That is the destination URL.

SO say goodbye to Indian adsense ads (oh I love the name).

Hope that helps, Captain! (love your new avatar too)

1. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cheers, yer a star...and thank you smile

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

1) thumb's down those kinds of hubs

2) use your competitive ad filter (it will work 60% of the time anyway)

5. Silver Rose profile image79
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

What happens is this: if your page hasn't had any hits in the previous 24 hours, the Adsense spider doesn't know what your page is about, so reverts to showing the most popular ads on this domain - the Indian marriage ads.

The solution is that if you see your hub hasn't had a hit, visit it yourself, and leave it up for a minute. It doesn't matter if the ads are wrong when you see it (remember the default ads are showing), what matters is that now you have loaded the page, the spider should then get a chance to register what it is about, and the next person to visit within 24 hours will get relevant ads.

1. 60
      CabinGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Smart thinking Batman, I must let BadCompany know that smile