jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Too Much Amazon?

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

I'm on my fifth Hub and finding it hard on how to judge how much or little advertising I should have.

My 'books' hub has my top ten books, and then lists four books per author.

My "Star Trek" hub lists the characters and has a Star Trek related Amazon item per character.

Is that to much 'amazon' per hub - should I tone it down so the hub looks less commercial?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it's fine the way you have done the Amazon ads.

What I would do, though, is combine your first two paragraphs of text into one capsule, move the video down to the next text capsule. That way, an Adsense block will appear where you have the video instead of it being halfway down the page. You tend to get more clicks that way.

2. expectus profile image87
    expectusposted 7 years ago

I looked at it and it seems fine, its really about what you designed the hub to do are you aiming to sell things for amazon? or just a good read for star trek fans and newbies smile

usually you really got to sell a specific item when you make a hub to sell amazon products. I only have luck with products that get decent searches and even then my amazon earnings are slim.

but in short I don't think its too, much good work:) i loved the new star trek movie

3. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Looks fine to me too, you might want to add a picture though. Well done.

4. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the help! I've moved the video and also added a picture!