jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Yay, copyright symbol gone

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

The copyright symbol has finally disappeared from my Olympic torch relay hub. As I mentioned before, it was posted on another site in China. I went in and changed a lot of it and added content and now it is not flagged as a duplicate anymore. Let's hope it stays that way...

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is good news but too bad you had to change your own artilce instead of the offender removing his.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did get it removed once by reporting it to Adsense. But then the site put it back up once they were banned from Adsense and got another ad network.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

First - good news UW smile

Second - you can copyright hubs? I did so much button pushing (I'm an instructions weirdo) when I joined I honestly missed that.

So much for my ability to follow instructions.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image59
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, the copyright symbol shows up on your "My Hubs" page, and it usually means that someone has published your hub elsewhere.

UW, I think it's sad that you had to rewrite your own work to avoid dup content. I think these plagiarists need a serious smack in the head!

1. frogdropping profile image84
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Honest, I had one copied a bit back. I found out quite by accident and didn't have a symbol anywhere. Odd.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81

All your hubs are copyrighted by you as soon as you publish them.

I'm talking about the copyright symbol that appears on the "my account" page when your hub has been published somewhere else.

4. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Ahhh. Never had that. Strange though because I've had work copied.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81

I agree smile A lot of this hub will be rewritten every two years anyway to reflect the current or coming Olympic Games.

6. Luciendasky profile image75
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

I must say, I admire your positive outlook on the situation. Even though you are the "victim" you dealt with the situation in a way that finally worked out.

I am very sorry to hear they stole your article.

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

For sites that aren't running AdSense and who aren't honoring your NOI emails, you can contact Google and have pages that are stolen blocked/removed from the search index.

working