jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What I Learned from the 30 Day Challenge

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I noticed that after writing a hub a day I started to rely more on my own thoughts and feelings than on doing research. I learned to first write what I thought, then researched it to fill in the blanks. I found myself writing several very personal hubs; it was as if the challenge freed me to be myself. I didn't really take part in the challenge to make money although I did write several hubs based on keywords. I basically did it to challenge myself and I feel I am better for having done it.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now that is a wonderful thing! You are a wonderful writer and you have told others that you have gained something from it. I am so happy for you!!! smile

2. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm happy for you, UW, and happier for us because we get to read everything that you wrote!

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

That's what I like about the Hub Challenge. It stretches a person. And each person gets a different experience.

It's more than just 'hammer out 30 hubs in a 30 days'. It's a steep learning curve that you don't understand until you're standing at the top of it looking back down to see what you've accomplished.

Well done!

For me I got to push myself to finish off hubs I had previously procrastinated on. Once I got the text documents put into a folder that said 30DHC I knew I couldn't avoid them.

3. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

What I learnt is I write when I want and not when Hubs decides, 30 hubs in 30 days for me wud = low quality crap and sorry I intend to write when it suits me not hubpages !

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I think I'll do another one in a month or two. I want to do some writing for my other sites so that I can put a few things in the can for when I do my next challenge. But it really has improved all my writing, I have not doubts about that.

Hopefully none of my 30 were crap BC smile

1. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

UW you dont even have to ask that, you know I love yer writing and your opinions !

5. Plants and Oils profile image93
    Plants and Oilsposted 7 years ago

Interesting! I've read several of your hubs, and they're very good.

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I'm glad you found your hubchallenge worthwhile. It was interesting to read your insights.