jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Very strange summary text

1. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

River rises rapidly in northern Vermont CHELSEA � Usually the river runs through this quaint Vermont village. ... - By DAVID DELCORE STAFF writerOregon Recreation Report The Oregon Recreation Report...

The above has mysteriously appeared in a summary text of a hub I was putting the finishing touches to. I have no idea what it's for or where it's come from.

I was just about to check the summary box wasn't clicked to 'automatic' and insert my summary. And that's what I found. Any ideas anyone?

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

those come from using apostrophes or ampersands.

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh  lol - run that by me again Sandra smile I know what apostrophes and ampersands are - but the use of them where? In my text?

1. 0
          sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol, sorry.  The HTML thing or something like that is translating them into those funny computer talking codes. 

It happens. big_smile

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Aha! thankyou very much - very helpful Sandra smile

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Did you copy and paste the text straight out of a wordprocessor?

If so, try copying and pasting it in a Notepad text document first and then copying it AGAIN and pasting it into your hub. It will remove the Word formatting such as smart quotes and other messy stuff that can be created by such applications.

working