jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Google search engine picking up topics, not actual hubs.

1. sunstreeks profile image84
    sunstreeksposted 8 years ago

I noticed that if I do a google search for my hubs I can not find a single one that links directly to my hub page. I have tried by searching the link and by the titles in parenthesis. I did this just days ago to see where my hubs were ranking and could find them with ease.

Now doing the same search I can only find links to topic pages, my profile page, anything else that would have the name of my hub in it expect the hub itself.

Is google flagging my hubs as duplicate or irrelevent content and pulling my hubs?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Are they duplicate content or irrelevant ?

Just joking - google doesn't do that (least I don't think they do). What search terms are you using? When I look for "seduce your lover" there is 179,000 results. You are probably in there somewhere. I can't imagine they would un-index them.

3. sunstreeks profile image84

Oops. I meant to say quotation marks and not parenthesis. My wording is wrong, not my symbol use.

I tried search using quotation marks around my exact titles, this should bring it up but instead only brings the pages that have had my hub listed on them such as my profile and the tag pages.

I have also tried cut and pasting my link into search which should work except results come up as zero. Because it was just there the other day I believe it has been pulled for some reason. Either that, or it is something very simple and I will look very silly for not figuring it out. 

The only results I pull up are my own but none are from my actual hubs.

Google Search for  "Seduce your lover and bring spice back to your relationship"

As of right now, no direct hub link...

What do you think?

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I see what you mean. I can find the profile and tags, so I assume the hubs are there. I just tried with one of mine and found it. I don't know what the answer is I'm afraid. Perhaps it will change after a while. Sorry.

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Looks like your hub has not been indexed yet. When did you publish it?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

She's only joined 8 days ago... looks like Misha figured it out.

6. sunstreeks profile image84

Perhaps this is it, but I could swear that when doing a search a few days ago I was able to pull up some of my first hubs. Oh well, no worries.

7. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

I think Sunstreeks is correct, I think there is a Hubpages indexing (or whatever you call it) problem. Several of my hubs are getting direct google traffic, but not showing up in google  - only the hot hubs tags are showing up, so that must be where the traffic is coming from. The hot hubs listings shouldnt be showing up before my own hub, especially when my hub is the only hub using the tags found.

That just cannot be correct, and is not something I experienced until recently.

Hopefully someone will be able to look into this soon.