jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

the reason my some of my hubs are labeled duplicate,

1. bangawking000 profile image60
    bangawking000posted 7 years ago

yeah thats right, some of my hubs are labeled duplicate. whenever i put Bible verses (specially those famous ones like John 3;16) after publishing. its a duplicate. . . . . .sometimes i just need to change it.

1. LVM profile image51
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think sunforged is right.  Even if the verses are all over the internet, if you include sufficient original content in your hubs, you would not trigger the duplicate filter.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If too much of a Hub's content is found elsewhere on the internet, you're going to be seeing those duplicate warnings.  It means a Hub needs more original content and less quotes.

3. bangawking000 profile image60

i think they should exclude famous lines and bible verses. they should make a filter for that. but sometimes when i copy some page, it dont get duplicate warnings when the site can't be found in search engines like http://dark-pages.webs.com  you won't see that in yahoo or google search

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Duplicated is duplicated, whether it's famous or not.

1. LVM profile image51

I agree.

Also, search engines are highly dynamic.  That means a page not appearing on the results page now may appear later or vice-versa.

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

The filter is based on a percentage.. I have a hub that is 3,000 -4000 words ... i have used snippets to promote it that are 500-600 words long (as long as many hubs!) and the dupe filter is yet to go off

You need to write more so that the amount of content that is found elsewhere on the web is no longer "substantial"

On the flipside ,i have an interview series that has the same questions across many sites ..but different answers....just because the questions have been published so much across the web.....the filter always goes off!

Im considering changing all the questions to image files of text and inserting thos einto all my hubs and articles across the web.

That will be time intensive for me ...but in your case...just a few bible verses...it should take no time at all

1. Neil Ashworth profile image59
      Neil Ashworthposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good advice - I think you've just answered my question! Thanks

5. bangawking000 profile image60

finally,, is has been cleared up, its been 2 weeks since i got back here on forums . . . . .thank you guys, , , ,hehe

1. LVM profile image51

Two weeks is more of a fly vacation!smile

working